Thread: E2

E2

I have had a problem with a E2 changing the defrost from hot gas to electric. Its not someone changing the setup, the E2 is not keeping the correct setting. It happens even with no power loss. Has occurred twice in the last 3 months, any thoughts? Thanks for your time.

Are you dealing with an Emerson E2 rack controller?

If so, are you SURE nobody is coming in behind you and changing the setpoint? Not even remotely?

If it is dropping setpoints all by itself, I'd be looking to replace it.

Its a Hill House. I have considered the fact that someone could be doing that. I will have to start pulling logs and see when it was changed and if our company was there in that time frame. Then tell the client to write a big check for that E2 if need be. Also I was wondering how the E2 communicates with a digital scroll module. I thought it was an analog on/off signal? Someone told me that it is not true... Any thoughts? Thanks for your time.

Change the GD access codes and see who squawks the loudest.

There's your guilty party.

I don't know much of anything about the digital scroll stuff, so, sorry, can't help you there.

Need an enhanced suction group, tell it about the digital scroll. It will use the suction group PID to output a 0-10VDC from an AO point and go into the digital scroll controller and you will obtain the worst possible PWM unloading known to mankind.

as for your circuit changing parameters... I would think someone is doing this. Maybe the store has someone who loads in a backup every once in a while so it blows out any program changes or offsets that you guys might be putting in.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    Need an enhanced suction group, tell it about the digital scroll. It will use the suction group PID to output a 0-10VDC from an AO point and go into the digital scroll controller and you will obtain the worst possible PWM unloading known to mankind.
    LMFAO, thank god none of the majors are interested in scrolls down here

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    as for your circuit changing parameters... I would think someone is doing this. Maybe the store has someone who loads in a backup every once in a while so it blows out any program changes or offsets that you guys might be putting in.
    It may be monitored by a 3rd party, I know Danfoss offer "Retail Care" which includes setpoint monitoring and basically involves uploading a backed up database every so often - we have been stung with this before. Maybe CPC are doing the same although Danfoss will and can monitor CPC stuff as well.

Are you using an admin password, or an operator level password?

Admin- I have a third party to back up after I change the setting.

good point on the gd
    At what point on the 0-10 vdc does the compressor unload?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ccservicefitter View Post
    I have had a problem with a E2 changing the defrost from hot gas to electric. Its not someone changing the setup, the E2 is not keeping the correct setting. It happens even with no power loss. Has occurred twice in the last 3 months, any thoughts? Thanks for your time.
    does the screen have any garbage what i mean is sometimes your will have numbers/letters scrolling all over the screen?if yes replace the E2
    you said someone monitors this site they can also be changing some parameters..or simply change acces level using the user/pass like others have suggested
    Mastic its whats for dinner!