Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP, Ronnie

Just saw that on the news. Sorry we lost him 10 years ago due to Alzheimer’s.

Yes Lynn, Ron was the best.......

I believe Ron will be with Washington and Lincoln as one of the greatest presidents.

I started my career in the military under Reagan, as I'm sure many of you did. I served under Bush Sr and Clinton also. Morale went way down when Clinton took office. The military loved Reagan. He won the Cold War.

Originally posted by hvacmd2002
    He won the Cold War. [/B]
    Been watching the coverage and they can't bring themselves to say this.
    I think this achievement will only be appreciated in history books of the future, written by none of the achedemiacs of today.

Possibly the most loved president of all time.

A true American icon.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

God bless one of our greatest men. My prayers are with and for him and his family. Truly an examplem for our children. Rest in peace sir.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Heard it right after it happened on the radio this afternoon.

A sad day, but finally some peace for him and his family.

I heard that Mrs. Reagan was giving some sort of speech at the White House recently, and had mentioned that he had worsened to a point where she could no longer communicate with him. Very very sad.

He had no equal in Washington, he didn't care what people thought or said about him, as long as he did what he felt was right.

Joke all you want in the ARP, about any politician, but this man was a true leader in a terrible time.

I was saying just a little while ago, while BJ and I were headed back to her house after supper, that the youth of today has no idea what kind of impact he had on the world society. Just think, they don't worry about air raid drills and fallout shelters anymore, largely in part becasue of this man.

I'll miss him, my hat is off to him, and my best personal wishes to his family during this difficult time.

Just think, guys, what a terrible experience it is to bury a beloved family member. Now try to imagine what it would be like to have to do that in front of the world media like the Reagan family has to. Hopefully, the media will be considerate of their need to a certain amount of privacy. ABC radio had a reporter outside his home within an hour after he died, interviewing people who had just shown up. That's just too much.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    Heard it right after it happened on the radio this afternoon.

A sad day, but finally some peace for him and his family.

I heard that Mrs. Reagan was giving some sort of speech at the White House recently, and had mentioned that he had worsened to a point where she could no longer communicate with him. Very very sad.

He had no equal in Washington, he didn't care what people thought or said about him, as long as he did what he felt was right.

Joke all you want in the ARP, about any politician, but this man was a true leader in a terrible time.

I was saying just a little while ago, while BJ and I were headed back to her house after supper, that the youth of today has no idea what kind of impact he had on the world society. Just think, they don't worry about air raid drills and fallout shelters anymore, largely in part becasue of this man.

I'll miss him, my hat is off to him, and my best personal wishes to his family during this difficult time.

Just think, guys, what a terrible experience it is to bury a beloved family member. Now try to imagine what it would be like to have to do that in front of the world media like the Reagan family has to. Hopefully, the media will be considerate of their need to a certain amount of privacy. ABC radio had a reporter outside his home within an hour after he died, interviewing people who had just shown up. That's just too much.
    An excellent post Dave.
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

Class Act all the way.

What an incredible life he lead. The true measures of this man are what our country is all about.

Re: Yes Lynn, Ron was the best.......

Originally posted by parthur
    I believe Ron will be with Washington and Lincoln as one of the greatest presidents.
    ??????
    Hey, he was an OK guy but...... He made it to 93, wow.

Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Re: Re: Yes Lynn, Ron was the best.......

Originally posted by Diceman
    Originally posted by parthur
    ??????
    Hey, he was an OK guy but...... He made it to 93, wow.

In years yeah, but he really only made it to about 83, but he had one hell of an 83 year run. That disease is one of the worst imaginable. Like a 10 year torture on the family.

Which is why Nancy is pushing hard for stem cell research, unlike our fearless leader
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast