+ Reply to Thread

Thread: digital amp meter

Post Likes
    im looking for the most compact clamp on amp meter that does everything micofareds peak hold the works any ideas or brand names would be appreciated

Post Likes
    I like my UEI. I've also heard good things about Fieldpiece.

Post Likes
    Personally I would not trust any meter not made by Fluke, make sure you get a True RMS meter if you do any work on equipment that has VFD's or any electronic circuit boards

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes

Red face

I would go with a Fluke or a "Amprobe". I use a "Amprobe" for my troubleshooting and a pos in my tool bag.
    Tin Knockers BANG for a living

Post Likes
    Originally posted by klrogers
    Personally I would not trust any meter not made by Fluke, make sure you get a True RMS meter if you do any work on equipment that has VFD's or any electronic circuit boards
    I agree 100%.

Buy the best Fluke meter you can possibly afford.

Bad place to go for price.

Post Likes

I bought this one a couple months ago.

Does pretty much everything. The only thing I don't like about it is that it starts off on mV and you have to change it. But, not bad for a $100.

Post Likes
    Look at the Fieldpiece SC76. Does everything you descibed and then some, like NCV, max/min hold, also accepts ANY of the accessory heads FP makes like the manometer,superheat,infared temp,digital vacum heads. I own one and have one set up as a demo(along with all the heads)at my job. The basic meter costs about $135.00 contractors priced.
    All FP equipment was built and designed for the HVAC/R industry..
    You can check em out at http://www.fieldpiece.com

Martin

Post Likes

Bought one just like this for an affordable backup

Post Likes
    UEI?????????????????
    Whaaaaaa?????????????
    They still in biz? Hard to believe.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Fieldpiece model HS-36, a newer one, has every thing we need in our trade. Temps, MFD's, freq, amp, True RMS, good leads and a nice carry bag.(Also min/max levels)Under 200.
    Also you can add on as you need. I now have four Fieldpiece meters and my Flukes are sitting in drawers more often.

Yuma,
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

Post Likes

Thumbs up

I bought a Fieldpiece mdl. SC67 a while back and have been extremely pleased. I have found it does everything I need a meter to do without a hiccup over the last 2 years. I would recommend Fieldpiece to anybody. Some of my co-workers bought the UEI DL250 and the spring for the amp clamp broke (2 of the 3 who bought them). Don't know if UEI have improved their line. Well, thats my 2 cents.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Post Likes

Talking

Hey D-N-A, yeah U-E-I..... S-U-C-K-S.

Post Likes
    I jus bought an Amp probe delux model for my back up. It does a whole lot.
    I have had that big ol Fluke meter Rob just mentioned. Not a bad price on ebay.

Next time I buy it will probably be the latest series of Fluke meters. Like the 333 or 332 or soemthing.
    Biggest motor we got in any store is fifty horse. So I dont really need huge jaws or hi amp capacity.

Buyt my first assault meter is my Fluke 16. No fuses to blow, auto ranges between volts: AC/DC, continuity. Auto polarity too boot.
    I cant stand using a regular meter anymore.

Fluke ... it's what we use.

Post Likes
    First one out the bag is usually a standard Fluke 30 or the lightweight Fluke 12. Both handle 75% of everything.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by R12rules

Next time I buy it will probably be the latest series of Fluke meters. Like the 333 or 332 or soemthing.
    Biggest motor we got in any store is fifty horse. So I dont really need huge jaws or hi amp capacity.
    What are the Locked Rotor Amps on a 50 HP motor at 208 Volts, Bob???

Without looking, I'm guessing around a thousand...

Post Likes
    EX-Tech with out a doubt, i swear it does all the stuff you want and temp too. if size is your trigger point for the purchase than that is the brand. my co-worker just bought one, very compact. now if you want my opinion go with quality buy FLUKE, and you won't have to buy it twice.

http://www.extech.com/instrument/pro...pha/MA420.html

Post Likes
    FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE U E I FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE REALLY FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE SUCKS FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE

Post Likes
    fieldpiece looks like the plastic toys they sell out of dollar stores. now where did i put that detachable anemeter head.

talk all the crap you want but its one tool at a time for me.

Post Likes
    Don't know what the # is, has lighted diplay, hold and inrush button to help catch the peak inrush #'s. After years of analog Amprope and Sperry the digital Flukes have been amazingly durable. Haven't had cause to use any other. I didn't like the open jaw type.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by workhorse
    FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE U E I FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE REALLY FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE SUCKS FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE FIELDPIECE
    hehe....kinda like Where's Waldo.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in