been a bangup week
    Its been a great start to the cooling season. We are so booked up I can't see when we will get caught up. I am having one hell of a time finding some good techs/installer to help with the workload.

Had one retrofit installation today that was very detailed and large. We just couldn't get the cooling part up and ready, so I sprung for a nice hotel for the customer. He was beyond happy that we would go that far for their comfort. He said, you just saved me from having to listen to the wife scream at me all night. Big smiles after that.

I am not trying to toot my own horn, but I am happy with progress my company is making.

We're turning down work.

It's that good time of year again.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Yeah, business is good now. Makes me think of how much of this work could have been done over the winter when we were slow and the customer could stay in their home while the system was down. Human nature pisses me off sometimes.
    Read, read, read!

Thumbs up

We are swamped, and it hasn't even got hot here, we've been averaging temps in the low 70's so far, It's going to be a long, but fun summer. Suppose to hit 85 this weekend and go up from there ....but I'm on call .

*****I have to say, that is great what you did for those customers, very impressive.*****
    Great idea for us all here.

My boss would NEVER do that. That's why I am buying him out, so I can get the company up to it's full potential.

[Edited by i_got_ideas on 06-05-2004 at 12:36 AM]
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

We have been in the 80's and 90's for 6 weeks now, same story, except we are always busy. my guys average about 35 hrs a week year round, it would be higher but sometimes they want time off.

The heat must be stuck down in Iowa. Temps just started hovering in the 70's with little or no humidity to speak of. At least I got back to work middle of last month.

Doing a bunch of pm's but we just got out of 12 days of rain. Had a wet Mem Day wkend. Might break into the 80's next week, so maybe I'll get back to 40+hr weeks.

There's a lot of useful things to do on a PM when the temps are barely 60 in the morning but without some load on the unit it's best to avoid charging unless necessary. Heating the house and covering the condensor to simulate help but it's not the real thing.

What do others do in these situations????????