Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In-floor job a did last year.

I got to go out and fix a small drip leak today, so I took some pictures and thought I would throw them up here.We finished this job last October, and made it through the winter without a problem, the homeowners love it. House is a 10,000 sq foot (including basement) 2 story. 12 zones (including a glycol loop for the garage) served by a 200,000 btu NTI boiler. 3-3ton Carrier condensers/gas furnaces each with 2 zones. It was a good job, I really enjoy doing bigger fancy systems like this. Not to many people want to fork out this kind of money Although I wish the general and homeowner would have been more organized and we could have incorporated the two 50 gallon water heaters into the system.

On the left is a NTI 399,000 btu boiler for the driveway snow-melt system.

We laid over 22,000 feet of pex on this job! The only problem we had was other trades puncturing the flex. I photographed every inch of pex, but they still managed to hit it 3 times, two were pretty easy, but the flooring guy sunk a nail through and turned into a disaster. I'll post some pictures if I can find them. We got paid to go back and repair it, so everything was good.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Snow melt? How did you get away with that?

i was curious to see how that job would turn out...

looks good adam

why did they use the nicer LX for the snow melt and the Ti for the house? was the LX not available at that time?

that would be a cool job to use the new "variable speed" pumps by grundfos, probably could've saved a lot of piping and pump costs

none the less, very cool

can't tell from pics, but are there cut-offs on both sides of the pumps?

looks good .........................

from the distant pics
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

any circuit setters or flow contols on those pumps?

Looks nice!
    NO Brains NO Headaches

Quote Originally Posted by cody350 View Post
    i was curious to see how that job would turn out...

looks good adam

why did they use the nicer LX for the snow melt and the Ti for the house? was the LX not available at that time?

that would be a cool job to use the new "variable speed" pumps by grundfos, probably could've saved a lot of piping and pump costs

none the less, very cool
    Well I didn't bid out the house portion, the general gave us the job with the specifics and price. Which ended up being a mess on the air side as we installed Payne air handlers with electric heat and the owner wanted carrier gas furnaces. so they had to be switched out (at the general expense)

That LX boiler is pretty nice, fist time I ever used one. It was between that and the triangle tube, I kinda wish I would have used the triangle tube for both.

How have you been Cody? is your ring finger a little heavier yet?

Yes there are iso-flanges on both sides of the pumps, I wish I would have put in-between the supply and return, it would have made it easier to bleed.

how is the LX? I've been anxious to try one but seem to only be able to sell the Ti series. Easier to set up? Easier to pipe and wire? just curious. Also would like to try out a triangle tube one. They seem nice.

Quote Originally Posted by maniak View Post
    how is the LX? I've been anxious to try one but seem to only be able to sell the Ti series. Easier to set up? Easier to pipe and wire? just curious. Also would like to try out a triangle tube one. They seem nice.
    I liked it a lot, touchscreen setup, realtime stats. i didn't play around with it too much but i liked it. piping was the same, wiring must have been difficult because the sparky wired it up wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by DesMech View Post
    Snow melt? How did you get away with that?
    I hate to quote myself, but to clarify, the state of Wisconsin does not allow snow melt systems for residential homes unless the homeowner is handicapped. By the way, nice job, looks good.

[QUOTE=DesMech;6483302] the state of Wisconsin does not allow snow melt systems for residential homes

Why is that ?

It's considered to be a waste of energy.
    You were allowed a certain sq. footage of snow melt even if you are not handicaped. It's was very limited though.... about the size of the average front stoop. Waasn't really even worth it.

NOW....
    The law was changed recently because Mr. Doyle wanted snow melt installed in his entire driveway.

http://news.warmzone.com/site/page/p...2008/wisconsin

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

I guess the powers that be see it as a waste of energy. It has been the code for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMech View Post
    It has been the code for some time.
    Not anymore.... see my post above.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast