Concrete sealer?
    I have a water leak in my basement when it rains it seeps through a small crack in the wall close to the floor. Anyone have a recommended concrete sealer that i should try? Or better yet what is my best coarse of action dealing with such a problem. Your input appreciated. Thanks

Originally posted by mark h
    I have a water leak in my basement when it rains it seeps through a small crack in the wall close to the floor. Anyone have a recommended concrete sealer that i should try? Or better yet what is my best coarse of action dealing with such a problem. Your input appreciated. Thanks
    SELL

working on some crappy 300 grand homes for a major builder i see a lot of cracks in the walls and the concrete guys use some sort of gray cement like epoxy to seal the cracks. also have seen them hammer drill some holes and use 8" or so anchors to try to pull the wall back together then hit it with the epoxy. not real pretty but it seems to work. i think you would have to use some muratic acid or the like to clean it first on an older house first to make sure you got a good seal. or go outside and dig down by where the crack is until fully exposed and tar the crap out of it. and maybe add some drainage to remove the water from that area. hope these ideas help. good luck

Don't treat the symptom treat the cause.Find out where the water is coming from first.Are your gutters & downspouts clean?Do they shed water away from the foundation?Is the yard properly graded away from the house?Is the water table to high?If it's the water table you may have to tile the basement.If the gutters or grade are wrong correct them.
    Take your time & do it right!

Landscaping can really help. Make sure the gound drains away from the house, then put down a 4' wide strip of plastic down, then put a nice looking layer of river rock on the plastic. I went from having an inch of water in by basement during a hard rain to having only a moist look to the concrete on that wall. You can also use mortar patch. It comes in a tube much like caulking and it is textured to even look like concrete, it works good for small cracks and holes.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Originally posted by mark h
    Hydraulic`cement. Like Rockite or Hydroloc. In the crack. It does not have to be dry.

Try to resist teh urge to contact a real estate agent due to water seepage during storms.

Check out what Mark said and then if all else fails, French drains, not cheap but it works.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

alright got it fixed! Used a apoxy called RAYCRETE it's a two part mix that can be used as a glue, patch, or sealer. Bonds to almost anything. Even cures under water. I cleaned, prepared surface, applied as instructed and it hardened to a hard like plastic seal. No more leak. Thanks for your input. also i will work on better runoff away from house even though i do have good runoff now. Thank's again. Mark

you didn't get it fixed,, you just don't have water anymore.

kgod