+ Reply to Thread

Thread: History's First Air Conditioning Guy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Talking

Was the one with the huge leaf fanning Cleopatra. His memoirs were recently found and he said it wasn't too bad a gig except when he accidently got a peek at Marc Antony's hairy butt.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Post Likes
    wasn't the first air conditioner at the white house for the president way back when?wasn't it a guy named carrier?

Post Likes
    Ol' Willis. Thought he invented it for submarines. Wasn't he in the Navy? Update.. http://www.invent.org/hall_of_fame/29.html It was apparently a Brooklyn printing plant.

[Edited by HVAC Pro on 06-02-2004 at 09:43 PM]
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    I read the ancient Egyptians used to put big stones outside at night and then pull them in during the day. The stones were cool after being out all night and helped cool the house during the day. And I suppose these same stones worked for heating as well, in reverse.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    I read the ancient Egyptians used to put big stones outside at night and then pull them in during the day. The stones were cool after being out all night and helped cool the house during the day. And I suppose these same stones worked for heating as well, in reverse.
    Yes, Young Diceman, these were the first heat pumps. They were a pain in the stones to work on.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by HVAC Pro
    Ol' Willis. Thought he invented it for submarines. Wasn't he in the Navy? Update.. http://www.invent.org/hall_of_fame/29.html It was apparently a Brooklyn printing plant.

[Edited by HVAC Pro on 06-02-2004 at 09:43 PM]
    thats what i thought it was. some paper mill or something they needed to take the moisture out of the air so the

paper wouldnt stick together or something like that

Post Likes
    That sounds about right. The paper needs to be saved but the mill where all the slave labor is where the 1st condenser ended up.
    Reminds me when I worked in a factory. Hot as a bastard in there and some of the little offices that were out in the factory had window ac units with the hot air blowing out to the work stations.
    Bastards. LOL.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by benncool
    Yes, Young Diceman, these were the first heat pumps. They were a pain in the stones to work on.
    Yes, stones can be a pain, especially if they're in the kidney.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by midhvac
    Yes, stones can be a pain, especially if they're in the kidney.
    Ohhhh how I remember that pain. Been over 20 yrs. but ouchhhhh
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    http://www.global.carrier.com/details/0,1240,CLI1_DIV28_ETI3879,00.html?SMSESSION=NO they use to pull a section of the palace out into the desert and let the heat be pulled out with the cold night,and then a 1000 guys would reinstall it till it was saturated.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in