Talking

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Here is a photo I took while on vacation of three condenser installations.

Rennsport

Hope you got a LONG ladder.

Who the heck thought of that one?

Hey! Look at the way they save on space. Plus with the cond. units out of sight they are out of mind too. Neet trick until the no cool gremlin comes along.

I've seen way too many like that!

All around town, there are many condensing units set on racks on a wall in that fashion. The owners didn't want to pay a roofer to set a curb or pitch pocket on the roof so they could be installed properly. that, and they didn't want to take up too much customer parking spaces or block the drive-thru.
    I've even seen package units mounted on wall racks so the ductwork would be up in the attic instead of being run up the side of the wall.
    Ya gotta love service calls to these! NOT!!

Lightbulb

From Northern Indiana here, mostly see these applications in high crime areas. They probably have had some condencers come up missing. Crack heads love copper coils.

Originally posted by thomasomally62
    From Northern Indiana here, mostly see these applications in high crime areas. They probably have had some condencers come up missing. Crack heads love copper coils.
    I thought them copper coil lovers were moonshiners.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Re: I've seen way too many like that!

Originally posted by william antley
    All around town, there are many condensing units set on racks on a wall in that fashion. The owners didn't want to pay a roofer to set a curb or pitch pocket on the roof so they could be installed properly. that, and they didn't want to take up too much customer parking spaces or block the drive-thru.
    I've even seen package units mounted on wall racks so the ductwork would be up in the attic instead of being run up the side of the wall.
    Ya gotta love service calls to these! NOT!!
    Well this site is in the North GA mountain area. Where are you located in S.C?

I live in central SC and work all over the state. I mostly see these in strip malls and at C-stores around Columbia.
    I serviced a chain of C-stores for a former employer that had Package units installed on wall racks about 8-9 feet above the ground. From all the condensation in the summer, using a ladder for servicing them was an unusual experience. Lots of muddy ground that may, or may not, collapse under one of the feet.