Preventative Maintenance Checklist??

Will anybody mind sharing what they use for a spring Preventative Maintenance Checklist on residential units? I am starting to do some of my own work ( yes i am Licensed bonded insured ) and could use something with a little more info than what i have. Just wondering what evrybody else uses if you dont mind. I would like to keep records of my customers units for obvious reasons. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Set up your "PM" (Private Messages) in your User CP and I'll send you mine. My PM takes and hones 1.5 hours. I know guys (companies) that do them in 15 to 30 minutes. It just goes according to how much stuff you want to check or do.

Get your post count up and apply for a Pro Membership (since there's more information available).
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Here are what I used to do. Been awhile but I don't think I left anything out.
    http://www.comfort-calc.net/tech_area_index.htm#Service and look for annual service

Quote Originally Posted by Home&Marine View Post
    Set up your "PM" (Private Messages) in your User CP and I'll send you mine. .
    Private Message system is restricted to Pro members only.

Since the OP isn't a pro member, he can't set up his PM.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I'll give what I tell my customers since the other stuff is technical and detailed.

1. Is your unit (most out here are ground mounted split systems) condensor coil clean and shiny? No signs of dirt and debri restricting air flow?
    2. Is it sitting level on the ground and stable on the concrete? Especially important if it is on a plastic pad!
    3. Is it making any unusual noises or vibrations that were not there before?
    4. Do you change your air filter every 30 days like your supposed to? Important out here because of our desert dust.
    5. When is the last time you had it professionally checked and your coils cleaned?

It is recommended that a service and PM check be done out here twice a year because of our harsh climate. Our beautiful desert is a hard climate to those who are not prepared and it will kill you!

Thank you very much for the replies, Just needed a form to use if anybody didnt mind helping out. Home&Marine thanks for the help and is there another way I could get that from ya?

Quote Originally Posted by c-calc View Post
    Here are what I used to do. Been awhile but I don't think I left anything out.
    http://www.comfort-calc.net/tech_area_index.htm#Service and look for annual service
    That hurts my eyes. Do customers go to that site?
    EnergyTight | Solutions for Comfort and Savings

Take the time to demonstrate your value to customers

Quote Originally Posted by snooked321 View Post
    Thank you very much for the replies, Just needed a form to use if anybody didnt mind helping out. Home&Marine thanks for the help and is there another way I could get that from ya?
    You're a Marine, I'll provide you all the help I can!

I'm not well & weak, typing is an effort, so go to my pages & follow various links. http://www.udarrell.com/sizing_ac_duct.htm

Clean coils/fins & indoor blower wheel blades are high on the list, as airflow & heat absorption by the indoor coil & proficient discharge of heat by the condenser are essential to efficient operation.

Actual Airflow CFM should always be checked & you can then take wet bulb readings of Supply Air & Return Air & then use the enthalpy chart to ballpark delivered BTUH.

If you take some extra time at first, - to do the job right, they will be your customer & good references for many decades.

Do the service check right & in a way to prove your real worth to your customers. - Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by snooked321 View Post
    Go to my web site and email me from there or just fill out a Service Request on the second page. Use "and" instead of & and dot com
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...