+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site Supporter Question.

Post Likes
    My question is this. If a person has not yet become a “site supporter” are they still welcome here?

The reason I ask this question, is for purely philosophical reasons. That philosophy being, if the music cost a dime, either pay the piper, or don’t listen.

Personally I think a person can be a “site supporter” even if they have not yet signed up to be one. I have never been a party crasher type. My mother always said if they don’t want you there stay away. So if being only a member, makes one unwelcome just say the word. This member will quickly thaw out, and evaporate.

I will walk away a little richer, with no regrets, of having spent some time here.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    A very interesting question.

I too await the answer.

Post Likes
    As far as I'm cocerned, you are very welcome here. Personally, I am site supporter because I feel a need to give something monetarily back to the site. Everyone can't afford it but the ones who can can up with a few bucks a month should help out.

Post Likes
    Well, like rob10 said, of course you're welcome. What a silly thing to ask!

You'll become one when you can afford it.

Post Likes
    Stick around, if things change and you feel the urge, join up, otherwise just contribute and keep the site alive and well.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by frozensolid
    My question is this. If a person has not yet become a “site supporter” are they still welcome here?

The reason I ask this question, is for purely philosophical reasons. That philosophy being, if the music cost a dime, either pay the piper, or don’t listen.

Personally I think a person can be a “site supporter” even if they have not yet signed up to be one. I have never been a party crasher type. My mother always said if they don’t want you there stay away. So if being only a member, makes one unwelcome just say the word. This member will quickly thaw out, and evaporate.

I will walk away a little richer, with no regrets, of having spent some time here.
    You are very much welcome here. Enjoy the symphony! I appreciate the financial support that we are getting from many people, but the site is here for all to enjoy.

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Post Likes
    Have you felt that you have been "treated" differently, because you're not?????????????

I mean, aside form a few threads when Don started this thing, that I felt were a little over the edge, but well-intentioned, I haven't really noticed anyone making any kind of big deal over it.

I'm on a couple other boards that solicit donations, sometimes I give some, sometimes I don't. It all depends on how I personally feel about the site, whether it's worth the donation or not.

This one is most definitely worth it to me, so I donate. I wouldn't refuse to assist someone who I could on the basis that they are not a site supporter.

JMO.

Post Likes
    It's worth the money ,but not everyone has it. The more the merrier.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    The way I look at this and life is each and everone of us is at a different position in life. When I was young and starting out just buying tools could break me. And I needed tools as we all do.

Now, I am not that young anymore because that was then and this is now. And I have tons of tools. Almost too many to count. And I can afford, now, to help Don keep this most excellent board on line.

And in doing so, I know there are guys and gals like you that I use to be just like who are in that situation that come here to lean and get entertained while learning.

So my hard earned money and hard earned years go to you and the many like you. And I am proud of that. It's one of the ways I can give back thanks to Don.

So stay here and learn knowing that my and our hard earned money is going by design and on purpose to help you become a better technician and person just the way some people helped me when I started out.

And I'll just bet when you get some years behind you, you will find a way to do the same.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes

Talking site supporter question

all are welcome here,i know i might have pushed or cajoled a little to hard,but it was for a good cause,no harm intended
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

Post Likes
    Your always welcome here, I was in a position to help out, it doesn't mean anything really, just a way to show the boss how much I appreciate the chance to share with all this amazing trade. And to help this site continue to grow and improve.

Post Likes
    Write it off your taxes. It's cheaper that way.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes

I'm an **SS**

because I support those who support me. I've gained alot from here, but Boss was real clear its not mandatory! You just don't get the "free sex and money" that the **SS** gets!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

You're welcome hear

afterall what would we do without you guys.

I came on too strong at the start, boss spanked me,
    I deserved it.
    Pulled my head out my (_,_)

What would ever make anyone think they weren't welcome?

Post Likes
    The way I feel about it is, it is not up to me to say who is welcome or not. I don't make the rules. I guess you have as much right here as I or anyone else.

I just sent in my dough so I could see the naked chicks on the ***Site***.

Post Likes
    Thanks Guys, thats good to know.

Post Likes
    maybe your brain will thaw and you will see the error of your ways.... or you could blame everyone else for your plight.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Post Likes
    Sline dog; Blame anybody for what error of my ways? Who did I blame for anthing? What plight are you talking about?

I asked a simple question. The answers I received, were pretty much what I expected. I would have been surprised, if they had been negative.

I still believe it was a valid question. It has nothing to do with money. Well maybe it does. If I am going to pay to support something, it is going to have to be worth supporting.

The answers I received, showed me that it is.

Post Likes

hey frozen

Don't pay any attention to some of these guys some only have derogatory reponses. And they think they're funny.

[Edited by pjs on 06-03-2004 at 07:42 AM]

Post Likes
    I only support to see the naked chicks and Dice's goat. I'll make a crack now and then about it but don't take it personal and get huffy.

And now that I've seen Workhorse naked I'm scared for life. Sad thing is we could pass as brothers except I don't have tats.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in