+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question for a project for school.

Post Likes

Confused

im doing an independant study project for school (institute of technology), and i need to know about how much money each of the following make(starting pay to average pay); technician, estimator, engineer, and an installer

Post Likes

Engineer? engineer?

We don't need no stinking engineers!

What if you do all 4?

Started at $4.sumpthin

21 yrs later make 10X that + some I'm not talkin about.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Spotts can be so helpful at times huh?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by rob76
    im doing an independant study project for school (institute of technology), and i need to know about how much money each of the following make(starting pay to average pay); technician, estimator, engineer, and an installer
    It veries from area to area. For instance, the northern states pay more then the southern states (mainly due to unions) You need to narrow down your area.

Post Likes

Talking question for a school project

heres something for your school project,do not become an engineer,get a real job that pays you good cash for hard honest work.
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

Post Likes

Engineers...

Make more money for using your brain, and it's something that won't wear out as quickly as your knees. Plus you don't have to deal with cranky, oblivious customers every day.

In the HVAC industry, a typical Mech (or Elec) Engineer may start out at 35-40k depending on grades, focus, school attended, etc.

Post Likes
    look at the dept of labor they will give you some figures. I would think that you would want to get these figures from one place since wages vary so much from different regions.

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos112.htm

that is the site for engineering techs. About halfway down you will find a earnings section.

search for the other trades from here.

http://www.bls.gov/search/ooh.asp?ct=OOH

of course you could use the salary wizard at salary.com but the dept of labor would probably look better.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in