Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I have a DUI..

Quote Originally Posted by elhombre21 View Post
    Well bye bye hvac for now, company policy says pending DUI means you cant drive till you go to court and get a ruling. .
    Sorry for your problems, sounds like you got shafted. But you will emerge from it in time and better for the experience.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Just so I'm clear on this:

[QUOTE=elhombre21;6463362]
    To wrap in up in a nutshell, new years with my gf. Leave her friends house, she clips a tow truck while driving her car,
    SO your girl friend is driving? she hit a tow truck, which I'm going to guess, on New Years eve was occupied?...........got it

my cell is no where to be found

you were so buzzed you lost your cell phone.....got it

Start walking towards a gas station to get to a pay phone, cop pulls up. gets me as driver.
    apparently, the tow truck operator called the cops? and what? He forgot to mention the driver that hit his truck was female? Then cops see a guy walking/STAGGERING down the street and assume he's the driver of a collision?

What exactly was your BAC????

I have witness reports, photos, etc. But my attourney says theres still a chance. My gf called a million times to ammend the report but to no avail.
    witness's.....photos, and your girl friend is willing to take a bullet for YOU???..........and this even went to court? what kind of dumbass prosecutor would even bring this to trial UNLESS your not telling us the whole story?? UNLESS you were driving and everyone else is trying to cover your ass?

just so I'm clear on this???

Something ain't right with this whole thread?
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Twlli charter member of DAMM .......Drunks Against Mad Mothers
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Did your nephew know prior to being stopped that it is illegal to drive while under the influence? If not, then he shouldn't have been issued a license. If he did, then he chose to put himself in jeopardy.
    Hey boots how many young drivers know that driving drunk and driving legally drunk are not always the same? I suspect very few. After they go to a mandatory DUI school and get their life screwed up then they learn. That driving legally drunk for most on the lower end of the blood alcohol % like below 0.1% down to 0.08% you do not seem for feel drunk. That can get you a life altering DUI conviction though.

Now in most states you can be charged with a DUI down to 0.05% if you are given a ticket for any traffic violation or for being involved in an accident. Nice. I agree that before getting a driver's license you should be instructed about this fact. But if every one knew that then what would happen to the communities and lawyers who depend on all that money they get from first offenders? Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Hey boots how many young drivers know that driving drunk and driving legally drunk are not always the same? I suspect very few. After they go to a mandatory DUI school and get their life screwed up then they learn. That driving legally drunk for most on the lower end of the blood alcohol % like below 0.1% down to 0.08% you do not seem for feel drunk. That can get you a life altering DUI conviction though.

Now in most states you can be charged with a DUI down to 0.05% if you are given a ticket for any traffic violation or for being involved in an accident. Nice. I agree that before getting a driver's license you should be instructed about this fact. But if every one knew that then what would happen to the communities and lawyers who depend on all that money they get from first offenders? Thank you very much
    Gee Glen . I never took you as one to worry about Communities, being as its the same word as communist. Thank You.

Unhappy

How many of you know this one: Knowing permitting a DUI. It was my jeep I was in the back seat some where between hungry and passed out (it was one of them nights). My cousin was driving and we get pulled over he gets a DUI .085,.082,.084 we both spend the night in jail. I got a lawyer $3200 cousin didn't both lost are lic for 6 months, and 6 months probation. This happen in WV I live in Ohio, WV doesn't offer driving permit. The last 6 months I have only drove from my house (Ohio) to work (WV) only a 3 min drive and drive the company truck at work. Got a letter from Ohio dmv that my lic would be valid Monday 3rd. I called yesterday to check they said I was good to go, today I called WV dmv and they said no go I am suspended in all 50 states until I pay their reinstatement fee ($60 paid) and go to a 3 day 2 night class that is $485. I got a dui .085 in Ohio bout 4 years ago and said never again I had no idea of this law and try to tell anyone about it. I am not saying I shouldn't have got a fine or some other kind of punishment but why my lic? Luckily my boss was cool and I live by my self. What would have happen to a single parent, or not cool boss I would have lost everything (not that much) but still.......... OK i'm done.
    If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con' what is the opposite of 'progress'?

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Gee Glen . I never took you as one to worry about Communities, being as its the same word as communist. Thank You.
    Well let's just say that those "communities" ran by commie Democrats might fall into that category. How you feeling ace? Kinda of stressed out I hope after seeing what the Obama cabal is doing to our country. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by artie415569 View Post
    How many of you know this one: Knowing permitting a DUI. It was my jeep I was in the back seat some where between hungry and passed out (it was one of them nights). My cousin was driving and we get pulled over he gets a DUI .085,.082,.084 we both spend the night in jail. I got a lawyer $3200 cousin didn't both lost are lic for 6 months, and 6 months probation. This happen in WV I live in Ohio, WV doesn't offer driving permit. The last 6 months I have only drove from my house (Ohio) to work (WV) only a 3 min drive and drive the company truck at work. Got a letter from Ohio dmv that my lic would be valid Monday 3rd. I called yesterday to check they said I was good to go, today I called WV dmv and they said no go I am suspended in all 50 states until I pay their reinstatement fee ($60 paid) and go to a 3 day 2 night class that is $485. I got a dui .085 in Ohio bout 4 years ago and said never again I had no idea of this law and try to tell anyone about it. I am not saying I shouldn't have got a fine or some other kind of punishment but why my lic? Luckily my boss was cool and I live by my self. What would have happen to a single parent, or not cool boss I would have lost everything (not that much) but still.......... OK i'm done.
    Yep another draconian law thanks to MADD and there blood thirsty supporters. They want execution or the sure destruction of your life on the first offense apparently even if you are not the driver. Thank you very much.
    Barry Goldwater

hope you have a good lawyer may cost a couple of grand. if this is first time go to abuse classes for drinking. ask for hardship license good luck

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yep another draconian law thanks to MADD and there blood thirsty supporters. They want execution or the sure destruction of your life on the first offense apparently even if you are not the driver. Thank you very much.
    Sounds like the vote no GOP and theur minions

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~mlyount/My...earAppeal.html

Since I and my Family would like to continue living, I have no problem with whatever penalties they want to impose on a "potential killer". If they want to drink and drive, let them walk. If they try to drive anyway put them in jail and let the "break rocks" for 20 years.....

we just had a kid who WAS paralyzed from the waste down, kill himself in his special van because the police pulled him over for a "possible" DWI.

This would have been his THIRD DWI!!!! His license was suspended, yet he was still behind the wheel illegally~~~~allegedly, drunk?

The police had him at the side of the road but because of his condition, were having trouble administering a breathalyzer test. When officers were trying to figure out what to do with this kid, he took off.

The police gave chase for approximately 2 minutes and then ended the chase because of the speeds the guy was going. The police said "besides, we know who his is and where he lives, there was no point in chasing him, so we stopped hoping he would slow down"

He did not slow down and plowed head on into a tree, killing himself instantly

the good news is, he only killed himself and not family.

This kid should not have been behind the wheel. YET, even with TWO previous DWI's he continued to drive, impaired in more ways than one.

Just exactly what does society have to do to protect ourselves from selfish boneheads like this.
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

I guess we could give everyone a cell phone and hope they get a buzz text messaging while driving.

What the heck is wrong with all of ya'll. The cycle of life and death will go on regardless of laws and regulations. Lower the death rate by one means and it will go up by someother cause. Its inevitable.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast