Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I have a DUI..

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Removing age limits on buying alcohol would greatly reduce DUI/DWI's.Chidren raised around alcohol do,t have the problems with it that children in "dry areas " have.

you should stop drinking before you post
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

So..... any news from Elhombre21...?
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Removing age limits on buying alcohol would greatly reduce DUI/DWI's.Chidren raised around alcohol do,t have the problems with it that children in "dry areas " have.
    Mankow, they already tried lowering the drinking age to 18 and the next couple of years the highway death toll went up 35%. So much for your theory.

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    Mankow, they already tried lowering the drinking age to 18 and the next couple of years the highway death toll went up 35%. So much for your theory.
    Problem is that the stupid 18 year olds still haven't been raised to handle alcohol responsibly.

Ace has a definite point here.

I was raised in a climate where alcohol was treated little different than any other beverage. I wasn't handed beer, but, I wasn't forbidden it either, except by law.

To this day, I enjoy a beer, but I enjoy it responsibly, and I credit my upbringing with that.

Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Like Glenn stated, there is a huge difference between "drunk" driving and being over the legal limit. .08 is not drunk!! It's way too low and good, hard working people are having their lives turned upside down over this.
    There is no difference, in my opinion, of driving drunk and/or driving under the influence. One can be convicted of driving under the influence after drinking one beverage. Alcohol has different affects on different people.

The easy answer is if you don't want to have your life turned upside down...don't drink anything and drive.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well try an educate the youth of today on that. Most who drink have to be caught the first time and sent to a DUI school to learn what it is all about and to learn what it is to be legally drunk and get destroyed verses really driving drunk. If they made everyone go to those classes before they got their licenses then maybe you can start destroying someones life on the first offense even if they didn't hurt someone otherwise give them one chance before you throw them and there future away on a first offense.

That's my opinion and I have a nephew who got the shaft on the first offense. Lost his job, his marriage, self respect, etc. and now is in depression over his fate on a non accident first offense. Most of the DUI caused deaths are by real hard core repeat offenders who are alcoholics and you can throw the key away on them. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. Thank you very much.
    And you are entitled to your opinion...ain't America great.
    Remember, ignorance of the law is no defense.
    I didn't need to go to a class to know that I'm not supposed to beat someone up and can to jail for it.
    I will agree that perhaps your nephew was treated rougher than some, that does not however excuse the offense of driving under the influence.
    One look at the statistics makes me wonder why anyone would debate this...
    "According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 37,261 people died in traffic crashes in 2008 in the United States (latest figures available), including an estimated 11,773 people who died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes. Drunk driving fatalities accounted for 32% of all traffic deaths last year, that is, on average someone is killed in an alcohol-impaired driving crash every 45 minutes in the U.S."
    Drinking and driving is never acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Problem is that the stupid 18 year olds still haven't been raised to handle alcohol responsibly.

Ace has a definite point here.

I was raised in a climate where alcohol was treated little different than any other beverage. I wasn't handed beer, but, I wasn't forbidden it either, except by law.

To this day, I enjoy a beer, but I enjoy it responsibly, and I credit my upbringing with that.
    Exactly. I'm glad some others here know how to think beyond the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    There is no difference, in my opinion, of driving drunk and/or driving under the influence. One can be convicted of driving under the influence after drinking one beverage. Alcohol has different affects on different people.

The easy answer is if you don't want to have your life turned upside down...don't drink anything and drive.
    I agree 95% the other 5% is alcohol can affect the same person in different ways.

I can have one or two beers in 1 hour and be completely incapacitated to drive, and some times 1 or 2 has no really affect on motor skills or judgment.
    , But on a b.a.c. scale it is the same no matter what. other factors must come into play. be for the government ruins your lively hood.

Some ones signature said it best.

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE YOU MAY SPILL YOUR DRINK!

Seriously if you respect your fellow man and your self call a cab or a Friend!

NO Brains NO Headaches

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    And you are entitled to your opinion...ain't America great.
    Remember, ignorance of the law is no defense.
    I didn't need to go to a class to know that I'm not supposed to beat someone up and can to jail for it.
    I will agree that perhaps your nephew was treated rougher than some, that does not however excuse the offense of driving under the influence.
    One look at the statistics makes me wonder why anyone would debate this...
    "According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 37,261 people died in traffic crashes in 2008 in the United States (latest figures available), including an estimated 11,773 people who died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes. Drunk driving fatalities accounted for 32% of all traffic deaths last year, that is, on average someone is killed in an alcohol-impaired driving crash every 45 minutes in the U.S."
    Drinking and driving is never acceptable.
    Well I won't be provocative and say you are entitled to your opinion but I will say you know someone personally effected tragically by a DUI driver and I know some who were also tragically effected on a first offense by the long arm of the law and basically had there lives ruined and never hurt anyone either.

In both cases they were young and I don't care how many times you say they should have known better. Most young folks don't period. I say unless they hurt someone on there first offense don't try and destroy their lives. Fined them and send them to DUI school and let them learn all about it. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Well I won't be provocative and say you are entitled to your opinion but I will say you know someone personally effected tragically by a DUI driver and I know some who were also tragically effected on a first offense by the long arm of the law and basically had there lives ruined and never hurt anyone either.

In both cases they were young and I don't care how many times you say they should have known better. Most young folks don't period. I say unless they hurt someone on there first offense don't try and destroy their lives. Fined them and send them to DUI school and let them learn all about it. Thank you very much.
    This is liberal speak.

Don't you think crime is bad enough? Imagine how much more crime there would be if there was nothing but monetary punishment for these crimes, or worse yet the punishment being "counseling". Why even have a police force if all their hard work is flushed down the toilet by bleeding heart judges and nanny state counselors? The long arm of the law is there at everyone's mutual benefit and stands as one of the sole purposes of government.

Punishing people when they are young makes sense, puts them on the right track so they can shake off the dust and lead a better life.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
    This is liberal speak.

Don't you think crime is bad enough? Imagine how much more crime there would be if there was nothing but monetary punishment for these crimes, or worse yet the punishment being "counseling". Why even have a police force if all their hard work is flushed down the toilet by bleeding heart judges and nanny state counselors? The long arm of the law is there at everyone's mutual benefit and stands as one of the sole purposes of government.

Punishing people when they are young makes sense, puts them on the right track so they can shake off the dust and lead a better life.
    I'm surprised your mom didn't strangle you at birth Frostie. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I'm surprised your mom didn't strangle you at birth Frostie. Thank you very much
    She died giving birth to me, so I am surprised my dad and 4 siblings didn't strangle me at birth. They don't hold any forward resentment toward me, but my sister says my dad became a different person that day and we don't really celebrate my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
    She died giving birth to me, so I am surprised my dad and 4 siblings didn't strangle me at birth. They don't hold any forward resentment toward me, but my sister says my dad became a different person that day and we don't really celebrate my birthday.
    Glen I don't think you saw that comming , open mouth insert foot.

NO Brains NO Headaches

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast