Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a DUI..

Thanks to MADD a first offense now days can be almost like a death sentence. I mean you can lose your job and everything. Good luck. I was in court about 20 years ago for a minor speeding ticket and failure to show proof of insurance. Had it but had to go to court to show it otherwise I would have paid it off and skip court.

They had a 20 year old kid in there in orange on crutches. He was charged with driving with a suspending licences and violation of probation. You see 9 months earlier he ran his car off the road hit a tree, lost his left leg at the knee and was charged with DUI. Didn't have any money to pay the fine so on first offense his lic. was suspended and put on probation for one year.

His dad had a heart condition (single car accident) and could not drive and had a small HVAC business and needed to visit job sites. Just barely made a living so he had his son drive him. Well he was caught at a road block and the judge threw the book at him. The boy couldn't afford a processes for his leg. His court appointed attorney showed proof of all this and begged for mercy and consideration.

The judge fined him $1000. and three months in jail in addition to the month he already served awaiting his judicial lynching. What a total miscarriage of justice as I have ever seen the the land of the free. Made me sick. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Thanks to MADD a first offense now days can be almost like a death sentence. I mean you can lose your job and everything. Good luck. I was in court about 20 years ago for a minor speeding ticket and failure to show proof of insurance. Had it but had to go to court to show it otherwise I would have paid it off and skip court.

They had a 20 year old kid in there in orange on crutches. He was charged with driving with a suspending licences and violation of probation. You see 9 months earlier he ran his car off the road hit a tree, lost his left leg at the knee and was charged with DUI. Didn't have any money to pay the fine so on first offense his lic. was suspended and put on probation for one year.

His dad had a heart condition (single car accident) and could not drive and had a small HVAC business and needed to visit job sites. Just barely made a living so he had his son drive him. Well he was caught at a road block and the judge threw the book at him. The boy couldn't afford a processes for his leg. His court appointed attorney showed proof of all this and begged for mercy and consideration.

The judge fined him $1000. and three months in jail in addition to the month he already served awaiting his judicial lynching. What a total miscarriage of justice as I have ever seen the the land of the free. Made me sick. Thank you very much.
    You're sick because some kid continually violated the law and a judge did what we hope he will do? The main purpose of government is to uphold justice, and good at the judge for throwing the book at him. Jeez, alot of liberal bleeding hearts hang out here...

While Glenns story sure is sad and all........ what we must look at is the fact that this kid got behind the wheel of a car at some point while being drunk....and chemically disable.

His vision and reaction times were impaired. He was lucky he hit a tree and not a minivan full of youngsters.

Getting behind the wheel of a car after even drinking one beer or one martini or one shot is putting your life and the lives of those on the road with you at danger.

Ive always thought that the offense of DUI should be changed to attempted murder or at least attempted manslaughter.

Every one of us grew up in an age where we knew the dangers of drinking and driving.....people today are even more aware of the problems than we were with just tv and newspapers...... our televisions and newspapers today are full of stories of people being killed by a drunk driver.

Im sorry Glenn but the troubles of the 20 year old kid and his father are sad indeed.....but they were all brought on by the sons selfishness and disregard for human life.

Let the daddy find him a mexican to drive him around or some poor kid who will do it for minimum wage...or even slightly less than minimum wage under the table.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
    You're sick because some kid continually violated the law and a judge did what we hope he will do? The main purpose of government is to uphold justice, and good at the judge for throwing the book at him. Jeez, alot of liberal bleeding hearts hang out here...
    You are the truly sick one and I mean truly sick. I don't believe in the death penalty for the first offense DUI. He was judged DUI from his blood content which has been steadily lowered over the years. When I grew up DUI was driving while drunk like weaving all over the road, etc. Most folks don't understand that driving while drunk and driving while legally drunk are not necessarily the same like it was before.

I'm sure once a person is caught the first time they will find out and most will take heed and not let it happen again. Most deadly DUI accidents are from repeat offenders who should know better and stern action is needed for these true offenders and not destroy a young kid before he or she has had a chance to become a productive citizen.

And by the way frostie you are continually calling me names in violation of the rules and I have had it with your continued personal attacks. Stop it otherwise we will have to take this to the next lever capiche. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

the government can not be relied on to make sound decisions.

act like you're rich and hire a lawyer

You are the truly sick one and I mean truly sick. I don't believe in the death penalty for the first offense DUI. He was judged DUI from his blood content which has been steadily lowered over the years. When I grew up DUI was driving while drunk like weaving all over the road, etc. Most folks don't understand that driving while drunk and driving while legally drunk are not necessarily the same like it was before.

I'm sure once a person is caught the first time they will find out and most will take heed and not let it happen again. Most deadly DUI accidents are from repeat offenders who should know better and stern action is needed for these true offenders and not destroy a young kid before he or she has had a chance to become a productive citizen.

And by the way frostie you are continually calling me names in violation of the rules and I have had it with your continued personal attacks. Stop it otherwise we will have to take this to the next lever capiche. Thank you very much.
    First off, he did not get the death penalty, according to your story.

The law is the law. Quit trying to make excuses for this criminal please. You say "most deadly DUI accidents are from repeat offenders", and that is exactly what this kid was - a repeat offender. The kid had every opportunity to make things right and serve his sentence, he could very well have become a productive citizen. But I find that unlikely since he was a repeat offender and had no respect for the rules we as a society have deemed neccessary. If you do not believe drunk drivers should have their licenses taken away then maybe you should move to Mexico.

If calling you a liberal is in violation of the ToS then so be it, I am just calling it like it is and you are showing yourself to be a red as a barn.

First off, he did not get the death penalty, according to your story.

The law is the law. Quit trying to make excuses for this criminal please. You say "most deadly DUI accidents are from repeat offenders", and that is exactly what this kid was - a repeat offender. The kid had every opportunity to make things right and serve his sentence, he could very well have become a productive citizen. But I find that unlikely since he was a repeat offender and had no respect for the rules we as a society have deemed neccessary. If you do not believe drunk drivers should have their licenses taken away then maybe you should move to Mexico.

If calling you a liberal is in violation of the ToS then so be it, I am just calling it like it is and you are showing yourself to be a red as a barn.
    He was not a repeat DUI offender or do you understand English. You can call me a liberal, conservative but you called me sick which is a personal attack and you slandered me also in the thread about LA. You are following me around making personal attacks and I think you need to receive something for that. Thank you very much.
    Barry Goldwater

He was not a repeat DUI offender or do you understand English. You can call me a liberal, conservative but you called me sick which is a personal attack and you slandered me also in the thread about LA. You are following me around making personal attacks and I think you need to receive something for that. Thank you very much.
    I didn't call you sick. You said yourself that the judge's actions made you sick and I was asking you a rhetorical question about being sick at a situation.

Your post also tells a tell about this kid being a repeat offender. Offending while on probation=repeat offender, it doesn't matter the offence.

I'm not following you around, this is a discussion board not a hallway.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    While Glenns story sure is sad and all........ what we must look at is the fact that this kid got behind the wheel of a car at some point while being drunk....and chemically disable.

His vision and reaction times were impaired. He was lucky he hit a tree and not a minivan full of youngsters.

Getting behind the wheel of a car after even drinking one beer or one martini or one shot is putting your life and the lives of those on the road with you at danger.

Ive always thought that the offense of DUI should be changed to attempted murder or at least attempted manslaughter.

Every one of us grew up in an age where we knew the dangers of drinking and driving.....people today are even more aware of the problems than we were with just tv and newspapers...... our televisions and newspapers today are full of stories of people being killed by a drunk driver.

Im sorry Glenn but the troubles of the 20 year old kid and his father are sad indeed.....but they were all brought on by the sons selfishness and disregard for human life.

Let the daddy find him a mexican to drive him around or some poor kid who will do it for minimum wage...or even slightly less than minimum wage under the table.
    Corny with all due respect the kid already lost his left leg for his single car accident hitting that tree. He will remember that for the rest of his life and I doubt that he will do it ever again unless he wants to commit suicide out of despair since he his screwed and can't even afford a processes. I understand how you feel but justice needs to be tempered with mercy and consideration of the circumstance. Thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Depending on where you're at, you may still be legal to drive at work. Whether or not your employer wants to carry SR22 on his van is another issue altogether.....
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Corny with all due respect the kid already lost his left leg for his single car accident hitting that tree. He will remember that for the rest of his life and I doubt that he will do it ever again unless he wants to commit suicide out of despair since he his screwed and can't even afford a processes. I understand how you feel but justice needs to be tempered with mercy and consideration of the circumstance. Thank you very much
    Mercy and consideration is liberal speak justifying lumping people into big groups for equalization and taking personal responsibility out of the hands of the individual. I imagine you have mercy and consideration for welfare bums along with this criminal in your story?

Mercy and consideration is liberal speak justifying lumping people into big groups for equalization and taking personal responsibility out of the hands of the individual. I imagine you have mercy and consideration for welfare bums along with this criminal in your story?
    This case not withstanding, mercy and consideration are qualities that are hardly exclusive to liberalism.

1st DUI needs to be given some leniency in my opinion. Someone had a couple of drinks, drove home, then was a victim of circumstance really.

Now, if you decide to do it again then the book should be thrown at you. Those of you who speak holier than thou have probably just never been caught...if you are a drinker.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast