Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: I have a DUI..

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    A lot of the so-called subcontractors, won't pass the IRS "sniff-test" and would probably not stand up in court either. There is a battery of "Tests" that has to be passed to be a Bonafide Subcontractor. I had a Friend that made all of his employees [drywall hanging and finishing] subcontractors to get away from workman's comp and payroll taxes. IRS is now selling his house and assets....
    Sounds right, from what else I have heard on the topic.

Still not the concern of the OP. He wants a job. Many businesses operate this way. I have heard it varies from state to state, but I don't know why. It happens a lot in Texas. I was working as a sub before I started my own gig. Screw the IRS. They got what was coming to them, and I had a job for which terms I agreed upon.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Hey ace, tell us how many DUIs have you had in your life time there lets say plus or minus 2 or 3 or so. Thank you very much
    I don't see where not paying taxes by hiring subs has anything to do with a dui, but the answer is zero. I have had 1 public intoxication . It cost me 1 night in jail and $25.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I don't see where not paying taxes by hiring subs has anything to do with a dui.
    If you concentrate and keep rereading it it will suddenly become apparent to you within a couple of months..

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    If you concentrate and keep rereading it it will suddenly become apparent to you within a couple of months..
    I got tthat part. Let me be more specific, what does it have to do with me having dui's?

I don't see where not paying taxes by hiring subs has anything to do with a dui, but the answer is zero. I have had 1 public intoxication . It cost me 1 night in jail and $25.
    Well this thread is about DUIs and not taxes. Perhaps you should start another one about taxes and maybe in another forum like the busniess and marking forum after all you all are supposed to be "professionals" of some kind anyhow. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Well this thread is about DUIs and not taxes. Perhaps you should start another one about taxes and maybe in another forum like the busniess and marking forum after all you all are supposed to be "professionals" of some kind anyhow. Thank you very much
    Are ya'll really that dense. Someone mentioned using your own truck and working as a sub, if you have a dui. Another poster said he knew of someone who did that with all his techs and now the IRS is selling his assets to pay back taxes.

That is when I chimed in and said, "that s why most small bussinees fail within 5 years". Which in english means if you try to get around paying taxes by straying from normal bussines practices, the IRS will come calling.

Savvy

BTW, how many dui's do you have, Glen?

Are ya'll really that dense. Someone mentioned using your own truck and working as a sub, if you have a dui. Another poster said he knew of someone who did that with all his techs and now the IRS is selling his assets to pay back taxes.

That is when I chimed in and said, "that s why most small bussinees fail within 5 years". Which in english means if you try to get around paying taxes by straying from normal bussines practices, the IRS will come calling.

Savvy

BTW, how many dui's do you have, Glen?
    Only one and that was gross entrapment. I was not drunk but sleepy and probalbly shouldn't have been driving in my asleep condition. Ran off the road into the medium back up the other side (couldn't turn my self installed cruise control never found brake wire) before I woke up and then headed back acrooss to my the South bound lanes (never hit the Northbound lanes) and then was awake and drove striaght as an arrow all at 3 in the morning.

Only one trucker on the road and I know he called it in and then here came the blue lights and he said I was weaving and got arrested for "DUI" with on .03 alcohol in me but said that I was still drunk. This back in 82 around Easter time. I was heading to Macon GA after leaving a company party in Atlanta. Paid the lawyer $300 and never went to court. Had to send another $300 for the fine and had to go to DUI school. What a bumber for not being drink. Never again Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Only one and that was gross entrapment. I was not drunk but sleepy and probalbly shouldn't have been driving in my asleep condition. Ran off the road into the medium back up the other side (couldn't turn my self installed cruise control never found brake wire) before I woke up and then headed back acrooss to my the South bound lanes (never hit the Northbound lanes) and then was awake and drove striaght as an arrow all at 3 in the morning.

Only one trucker on the road and I know he called it in and then here came the blue lights and he said I was weaving and got arrested for "DUI" with on .03 alcohol in me but said that I was still drunk. This back in 82 around Easter time. I was heading to Macon GA after leaving a company party in Atlanta. Paid the lawyer $300 and never went to court. Had to send another $300 for the fine and had to go to DUI school. What a bumber for not being drink. Never again Thank you very much.
    That's odd, with my PI, I was asleep in my car while waiting for a bar to close. The cop said I sounded drunk, but thats the way I talk when asleep. Oh well, I'd have pissed the $25 buck away anyhow, or watched it burn up.

That's odd, with my PI, I was asleep in my car while waiting for a bar to close. The cop said I sounded drunk, but thats the way I talk when asleep. Oh well, I'd have pissed the $25 buck away anyhow, or watched it burn up.
    Yeah well there were a few times when I should have gotten a legitimate DUI like back in the 60's when about 30 miles NE of Birmingham I spun out when a few drops of rain hit the road. I was strapped in and watched my tires smoke every time the car turned around and ended up in the medium with my rear wheels supported above the culvert by my back bumper resting on the opposite side it was also around 3am. Fell asleep and all of a sudden it seemed like 5 min went by and it was daylight and a couple of good ole boys in a pickup pull up laughing and tossed me a chain and pull me out. Wouldn't even take some money for there help. Heck I had beer cans all in the car. Wouldn't have been nice if the Ala HWY patrol had come along even with my rebel flag on my bumper. That was close. Thank you very much.
    Barry Goldwater

Well, i am back in action! Everything got figured out, FINALLY. They charged me with a drunk in public... for crying out loud. But i got a new job with a great company. F California. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by elhombre21 View Post
    Well, i am back in action! Everything got figured out, FINALLY. They charged me with a drunk in public... for crying out loud. But i got a new job with a great company. F California. Seriously.
    Glad you got a break there. To many times arresting folks for "DUI" is more for ruining lives and getting money than saving lives and upholding the "law" in my opinion. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by elhombre21 View Post
    Good news!

But you should probably never be drunk in public, not to beer confused with publicly drunk, that is an entirely different matter. LOL! Just sayin'.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I know, old thread but this topic interests me.

Drunk in public is a joke. Don't drive but we will stop you if you are walking down the street. 22 year old hotheads with nothing better to do than flex their muscles.

Elhombre? How are things going for you in the HVAC world?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast