Hello,

I am a mechanical designer in Tallahassee and I hold a registered class B A/C license. I was approached by a former coworker that wants me to be a qualifying agent for his company. Has anyone in here had any experience with this kind of arrangement, and how would I determine a fair fee for this?

Thanks

David

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Be very careful,check myflorida.com to read about responsibilites that it can bring you.

If you do it be sure ,he ,becomes the financial qualifier for the company.

Well his business cant exist without the license best arrangement for you is to take 5% of his gross sales. It's all relative in the long run it would be cheaper for him to just take the test. It's probably now close to 4 grand to get licensed in Florida including the books and course so I would at least multiply by two if I was gonna flat rate him per year. But remember you are ultimately liable if he disappears with a bunch of HO's money it's your license that will be suspended and you who will be required to pay restitution to them. Or you could arrange a percentage on a per job basis where he uses your license only when he needs to pull permits and you go down and pull the permits yourself that gives you a little more control than if you just qualify his company and he pulls permits right and left under your license.
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Dash,

I am concerned about the liability and I was already planning on listing him as the financial officer. I do feel comfortable with this guy. If I would do this for anyone it would be him.

thehumid1,

5% of gross sales was in the range of what I was thinking. I don't think that I would want to do it on a job by job basis because I would be concerned that he would do service work without me knowing.