Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back pain

What do you guys do for back pain?

Special mattress, wear a back brace, pills,
    stretching or exercising, chiropractor?

I have had a slew of compressor change outs lately.
    We always get a bunch at the beginning of summer
    my back is tight but Im no where near being out of
    commission

I just bought a new mattress and it made my backache worse! I think the pillow top cushion gets crushed and won't support my back in the middle of the night.

Try sleeping in a different bed, or maybe a different girl friend once in a while.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

I suggest that you first make an appointment with an Orthopedic Doctor for and examination to determine if you have any special problems. Look for a DO who specializes in therapy and not the knife.

The Doc I went to after my back injury is an Orthopedist specializing in sports and occupational injuries. He has his own therapy clinic run by a Doctor of Physical Therapy who set up a custom rehab program for me which was not only stretches and exercises, but some the best chiropractic-type manipulations I've ever had.

Get specific with these professionals about what kind of work you do and they will be better able to help point out what you might be doing (or not doing) to create your pain in the first place.

i went to neuro-surgeon and he sent me to anestesologist for steroid shots in back....that helped for a couple of months...i take alot of anti-inflamatory and muscle relaxers....when i show up with back-brace,knee-pads,etc. on it kind of makes the homeowner leary...never knew about orthopedic doctor before,i have had all kinds of advice about back problem i have.....i am just living with mine for now,although it is getting worse....

Talking

try the floor at night and a pillow between your legs at the knee caps if you sleep on your side...and a chin up bar in a door way and just hang from that to stretch your spine out,and take the weight of it.DO NOT skip any stairs on the way down or jumping off of the ladder even one step(that force goes right down your spine).if your on a job hang off a sprinkler pipe or some duct work for a minute or two,or if you up on a roof the I beam the unit is on or below a cat walk grab it and get the weight off your waist area.

[Edited by maxster on 05-31-2004 at 10:05 AM]

Ms. Icemeister has told me that I am so naive about doctors.

I retract my advice to go to the Orthopedist first. Go to a good Physical Therapist and if you have any specific need to see a "DO" they will steer you toward a therapy oriented Doc and not a cutter.

Here is what I do I sleep on my side and raise the pillows to make my back in a line I put small pillow in between my legs. I also use magnesium product called {calm}that I got from my chiropractor. It works really good ,makes you sleep well too.

http://www.naturalcalm.net
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Home is Azle Texas, work in Dallas-Fort Worth & surrounding areas.
    Also may want to look into a good seat for work vehicle with adjustible lumbar support.
    Life as an adult is much like life in kindergarten - If I make it through the day without crying or hitting some one, then it was a good day!

Exercise and drink water only.

Stop being the hero, and carry a helper to do that lifting!

Red face

Only way to ease the backpain is to hire out. Your back and knees will forever thank you!!! Do it now before its too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was waking up with back pain a few years ago. I was also drinking 6 cokes a day and ice tea. I stopped with the cokes and tea, coffee and started parking the farthest parking space away when I parked and used the push mower instead of the rider. Back pain went away.

How did you get off the coffee? Is there a patch or something?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast