Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    So you're serious, you really have to deice cases???
    A chain is paying your company their rate to spray hot water in an empty freezer????
    That's simply amazing.
    We used to get paid lots to come in and deice at overtime rates, probaly earned more doing that any other type of call. Some of it has to do with budgets, had a store manager tell me he'd rather have us come in and empty cases and deice than use his own staff, because it did not come out of his "budget". Also a maitenance manager for several 100 stores in a large chain, gives me the impression that they would rather replace compressors than do maitenance or replace things like contact kits, because compressor replacements don't come out of thier budget.

95% of store staff don't know how to properly melt out the ice in a case properly anyhow, and most times simply shutting off the case overnight will not melt out all the ice, nor will repeated defrosts. Usually the only method is copious amounts of hot water metered out to case and down the previously cleared drain.
    Glad we don't deal with too many 5 deck freezers these days, takes forever to clear the secondary airflow of ice, an area often neglected by store staff if they managed to clear the drain first. With the advent of new and improved glass doors versus 5 decks we see alot less of that ice meltin OT these days.

On Glass doors you need to be sure you've melted out the ice buildup behind the coil, usually requiring the removal of some screws and pulling back the fan plenum or getting a good look right thru the coil with a flashlight to ensure it's clear.

Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Originally posted by R12rules
    Why the heck didnt this guy just pull the product and save it?
    Why did he even bother caling out overtime on Labor Day for a lost case???
    So what was the problem at this call?

Worked a total of 19 hours yesterday, and 7 was spent deicing FF doors. The chain we service is doing good to get the product out, let alone wash the coil...lol..went to one about two months ago...guy said he had everything ready to go...pulled the product, shut the case off (electrical), and was just getting ready to valve the coil off. I noticed he had an adjustable wrench, and asked why...the reply was "so I could close the valve". This was a brand new Tyler case...with a hand vavle. Any guesses as to why he might need an adjustable?
    Just for the record this wasn't one of our normal stores...

Shawn

Originally posted by outlaw481
    Worked a total of 19 hours yesterday, and 7 was spent deicing FF doors. The chain we service is doing good to get the product out, let alone wash the coil...lol..went to one about two months ago...guy said he had everything ready to go...pulled the product, shut the case off (electrical), and was just getting ready to valve the coil off. I noticed he had an adjustable wrench, and asked why...the reply was "so I could close the valve". This was a brand new Tyler case...with a hand vavle. Any guesses as to why he might need an adjustable?
    Just for the record this wasn't one of our normal stores...

Shawn
    To take off the cap on the super heat adjustment for the TXV???

Just give those McDonald graduates and couple of ice picks and tell them to have at it.

Yep...told me thats how they close off the refrigeration to wash coils....that store has 24 brand new tyler cases...I closed the work order and left immediately...I'm not volunteering to readjust all those cases....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12