Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: question

'I have a container of r-22 that weighs ten pounds. The can weighs six pounds. How much refrigerant do I have.
    '

ME: Where did you get that 10 lb container from ?! Thats what i need to be carrying at the end of the day.

Tom R, thanks for the great explanation. I worked through your examples, and now I understand. As for those of you it's just something I wanted to learn how to do. Not that I'll ever use it, but maybe sometime in the next 40+ years I will be working in this industry I might come into a situation that this will save my a**. In addition, don't any of you ever think about what goes into the engineering of a system? It seems like most on this forum can fix damn near any piece of equipment, but keep in mind that system we work on was engineered, that's why it works (most of the time). If we were out there designing these systems as we went; they would never work correctly or efficiently. Sorry for the rant. It aggravates me when people get the “I don't care how/why it works just as long as it works attitude.” Thanks again Tom R. Adam.
    Still learning....

As you get older you tend to get grumpier, it's human nature
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Where did you get that 10 lb container from ?! Thats what i need to be carrying at the end of the day.

By then end of the day it was a six pounder. It's a new product from Little Richie in a yellow jacket. It is amazing the more you use it the lighter it gets. It is called the MTCAN.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Tom,

'In addition, don't any of you ever think about what goes into the engineering of a system? It seems like most on this forum can fix damn near any piece of equipment, but keep in mind that system we work on was engineered, that's why it works (most of the time). If we were out there designing these systems as we went; they would never work correctly or efficiently. Sorry for the rant. It aggravates me when people get the "I don't care how/why it works just as long as it works attitude."
    '

ME: If you are going into design and engineering of hvac...you wont be required to know how much liquid vs. vapor is in the tank. But, if you want to go thru the excerise to broaden your knowledge...then i cant find fault in that per se. To answer your question...YES, i think about system design all the time that im working in this trade ; i have spent a tremendous amount of time and energy on it . It is important to know things like what is actually taking place during the refrigerant cycle with the physics as well as what went into the specific design of the components. Concentrating on THIS end of the design and engineering, will afford you practical knowledge that you can use and benefit from. Glad youve chosen hvac as your career --- its sure been a blessing to me and many others in here.

Dave, Owner since 1986
    Started in trade in 1974.

Originally posted by Diceman
    Open the can for a bit, soon you will see the frost line on it, that's how much liquid ya got left

What's that name on the side of the bottle your drinking from?
    maybe I should order me some......ROFLOL

2 trains are 680 miles apart, one train is going west at 38 mph, another train goes east at 45 mph, when will they hit head on and explode into a ball of burning fuel and steel?

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    2 trains are 680 miles apart, one train is going west at 38 mph, another train goes east at 45 mph, when will they hit head on and explode into a ball of burning fuel and steel?
    We need more info Dice....How many MTN's, Vally's, Stops per train?? Is this Ave. Speed?? Come on Dice, you know better than that!!

You have enough info.......quit whining and answer it.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

You can assume the eastbound train is heading east and vice versa.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

If the east bound train is in New Jersey, and the west bound train is in chicago. They are never going to crash. Unless they can swim.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

You can also assume the eastbound train is west of the westbound train and the westbound train is east of the eastbound train....I am practically giving you the answer.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Pitts burg ? what did I win?
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast