DESIGO INSIGHT confusions

Dear sir, i am working in one of the largest project in world the prohphets Mosque Madina ,KSA where 200 large air handling units and 180 no. lighting contactors , sound system,CCTV 280 cameras,12 No substations,UPS ,fire alarm system,27 no.sliding domes and 280 no. hydrolic umbrellas,120 no.escalators,dust fans are totally monitored and operated through siemens building automation and control system by operator , where we are currently using Desigo insight system, whereas our xwork software is visonik insight which is totaly user friendly system and very easy to use and recieve event messages very qiukly. my Question is that why there is no such facilities about event messeges except log viewer window in desigo in which data is retrived by filtering in excel data sheet and need refresh the page to view current events , becz we want what is going on, in the site(process station) while data flow should be automatically generated and retrieved like visonik becasue desigo system retrieving data through excel data sheet which is not usefull in case of tripping take place we do'nt know what is going on in the site until we not refresh the page. in such emergencies we need to over come on emegency in seconds not in minuts due to critical place.

kindly provide me information and solution how to retrieve data in flowing form ,from top to bottom, like xwork software visonik in which calling server is SQL such as data retrived in log formate.

looking forward hearing soon
    regards
    Irshad Ali

Could you clarify what head end you are using?

Is it Desigo Insight with PXC controllers (Written using XWorks) or are you using a Visonik DCS with BPS controllers connected into the Desigo Insight?

Events can be shown using popups if configured correctly, and from Version 3 and above there is an option for a reaction processor that produces an Excel spread sheet or PDF report of specific values on specified events happening.

From what I can understand from your message the area you want to look at is in system configurator in order to get the alarm router to send alarm events (like trips) to the screen for the operator to react to.

Go to Insight Programs, Alarm router, then either read the manual on how to set up alarm routing or call an expert in.

Is this any help to you or have I misunderstood your problem?
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Don't be a stupid dwarf. It's not big and it's not clever!

Frown Desigo have no synchnronize online messeges except filtering

dear sir,
    you are 100% near to my question Is it Desigo Insight with PXC controllers we have Visonik DCS with BPS controllers connected into the Desigo Insight.
    my question still same because we do'nt need popup messege window what we need which is very important for us our requirment is that we want to recieve everything from site synchronize messeges (online messeges) without any second delay whic is not available in DESIGO even we discussed with siemens agants(SAS co.) they could not gave any solution of that problem if we ca'nt recieve online messges we have no benifit from desigo because our system is very critical our eyes 24 hours focused on messeges even there are no trend agent who can guide us about desigo properly this what i am writing to you i have worked on desigo and i am still working on report viewer ,object viewer,log viewer,trend viewer no doubt it is nice software but every time i shall demand you i need online messeges to be appear all the time which is our high priority requirement because still we are depending on visonik but we are told visonik license will be end soon so our future will be Desigo insight .

i hope you understand my question in details

Regards,
    Irshad Ali
    Prophets Mosque Basement Project..Saudi Arabia
    Madina al munwerh

Sounds an interesting problem.

To confirm again your problem, Desigo insight does not update its log viewer automatically, so any events that come in don't apprear until you do a refresh.

As far as I know there is no solution within Desigo Insight, but if it is really important, maybe you can get someone to write a small app that takes the data out of the SQL database.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Don't be a stupid dwarf. It's not big and it's not clever!

Desigo confusion

DEAR PICNIK,

I be glad for your implication and answer back for my questions with reference to Desigo system which is in fact good in supplementary applications even I tried alarm messages when any incident on the site took place messages are presented but we are human being it is not possible every minute /second we refresh the system then we get some messages and there is hazard on the site .for the reason that our management don't accept any justification from our side in this situation.

another thing you have talked about writing an application to call the data by SQL database how is this possible I mean same mediator who provided this software who can design this program or we have to design ourselves which is may be not easy until fornicator who designed this software.

If still you have any suggestion I shall be in high spirits to hear it soon from your side..

Most regards,
    Irshad ali

dear friends,

I am facing problem in desigo insight. When i am starting desigo insight v4, it gives error
    Exception from HRESULT; 0x80044002. Starting DI SERVER FAILED! Plz check $Err Log traces for details.

Further, in another workstation desigo insight v4, the project utility does not open the existing project. it shows that there is no project. After creating new project also the same.....

ashareef24: desigo exception error

dear ashareef,

For each device you set up in a project, there is a corresponding
    DESIGO RX device in the building. The devices in
    the project are identified by their location, while the DESIGO
    RX devices are identified with a number (the Neuron ID) which
    is unique world-wide.
    The Neuron ID of the DESIGO RX device must be assigned to
    the corresponding device in the project database (i.e. the devices
    must be addressed).
    In cases where several devices need to be addressed in succession,
    you can draw up a list defining the order in which the
    devices are addressed. You can then press the service pin of
    each of the DESIGO RX devices in the same order.

note:The process of assigning devices in the off-line mode is
    susceptible to error and requires exceptionally careful
    planning.

The various devices in a project may be in different sections of
    the building or belong to different groups of rooms. These sections
    or groups can be installed or commissioned at different
    times. One device can belong to a maximum of five groups of
    this type.

The Commissioning Support option is an efficient tool for
    commissioning and maintenance of DESIGO RXC systems. It
    can be used to observe process values, override outputs and
    modify settings in several DESIGO RXC controllers simultaneously.
    For fast diagnosis of errors, this option allows you to observe
    important values directly during operation.
    To adjust hydraulic circuits or to check the functioning of field
    devices (valves, fans, contactors etc.), you can drive outputs
    directly.
    You can modify the settings of several devices simultaneously
    (e.g. the temperature setpoints for all the rooms on the north
    side of a building).
    Commissioning Support is only available in network mode.
    note:The library can only be updated in off-line mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ashareef24 View Post
    dear friends,

I am facing problem in desigo insight. When i am starting desigo insight v4, it gives error
    Exception from HRESULT; 0x80044002. Starting DI SERVER FAILED! Plz check $Err Log traces for details.

Further, in another workstation desigo insight v4, the project utility does not open the existing project. it shows that there is no project. After creating new project also the same.....
    Only time I've seen HRESULT on on startup is when the project has not been upgraded properly.

Have you upgraded this project?
    Go to project utility and select the option to "upgrade project to v4" to complete any pending upgrade operations, then try to start Desigo again.

Quote Originally Posted by irshad View Post
    DEAR PICNIK,

I be glad for your implication and answer back for my questions with reference to Desigo system which is in fact good in supplementary applications even I tried alarm messages when any incident on the site took place messages are presented but we are human being it is not possible every minute /second we refresh the system then we get some messages and there is hazard on the site .for the reason that our management don't accept any justification from our side in this situation.

another thing you have talked about writing an application to call the data by SQL database how is this possible I mean same mediator who provided this software who can design this program or we have to design ourselves which is may be not easy until fornicator who designed this software.

If still you have any suggestion I shall be in high spirits to hear it soon from your side..

Most regards,
    Irshad ali
    I thought the 'Alarm Viewer' displayed alarms in real time, or am I wrong?
    Although to work in real time, you must add the Desigo management station as a recipient in the notification classes of the PXC.
    This way the PXC controller notifies the Desigo management station immediately an alarm happens.
    If you don't do this, Desigo will only pick them up on a refresh cycle.

I think that's how it works anyway.