Thread: ADVISE ON RUUD HEAT PUMP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

ADVISE ON RUUD HEAT PUMP

We are installing a new 3 ton heat pump and were needing advise on matching the equipment. What would be the best and most efficient air handler for the UARL-036JEC? What would be the ARI Ref #?

Also, we are installing a Media Filter (RXHF Series) and want to install a Humidifier. Which is best between the Steam Humidifier (RXIH-AS) and the Bypass Humidifier (RXIH-AB).

We are trying to get the best system because we are planning on living there a very long time.

Thanks for you help with this system.

Post Likes
    The UARL is an A/C - I take it you want the UPRL? The only heat pump air handler that qualifies for the tax credit is the UHPL-HM3621. Here are the tax certifications:

http://globalimageserver.com/fetchDo...9-146a88eec970

(the Ruud site isn't working today so this is the Rheem site - just substitute R- for U- to get the equipment numbers)

If you want an air conditioner and gas furnace, there are only a couple which qualify. Rheem isn't quite as far along with high efficiency units as some other manufacturers. Having said that, I have three Rheem AC/HP systems in my house so I obviously think highly of them!

Post Likes
    I did type the wrong model number it is UPRL-JEC because I do want the heat pump. Does that air handler have an ECM motor with variable speed? I see there is another air handler that qualifies: RHPL-HM3621. So there is the RHPL-HM3621 & UHPL-HM3621.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dcraighead View Post
    Does that air handler have an ECM motor with variable speed? I see there is another air handler that qualifies: RHPL-HM3621. So there is the RHPL-HM3621 & UHPL-HM3621.
    Yes, the R/UHPL (they are the same) is a 2 stage/variable speed system and would work well with the 2 stage heat pump.

Post Likes
    What about the different humidifiers. Which is better the steam or bypass? I think it will help a lot in the dry winter months.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in