Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hussmann haters

sorry maybe sending you down the wrong path. upon rereading you mentioned 2amp fuses. are these fuses on the cpc board? the fuses that i was thinking of are the 10-15amp buse fuses for the individual compressor controls.

In any case, you still have to hopscotch the circuit to find it. Just disconnect it at the R.O point and hopscotch through the controls and conduits.

there is always someone out there that hates us, and loves us...Eric

I have met more haters than lovers.

On a more positive note, I love those little screwdrivers they give you, when your done cussing their stuff.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Let's bring this into a little deeper discussion of Hussman and Ingersol and what they are doing to the industry. I don't think many technicians understand what truly is going on in the business side of this business right now. It might do you some good to get some information and try to understand. Ingersol is going to destroy your wages.

When I started this thread , I was only talking about the equipment...maybe I should have stated that.

I still think Hussmann has the best stuff overall.

I won't pretend to understand what is happening in corp.
    Dow is absolutely right about IR changing things , wether purposely or not. When Hussmann laid off these guys ,that was a big part of our union,which is already in a mess.

I do know that they laid off about 70 guys locally. We hired about four of them.
    It's a shame but , they lost alot of work to other companies.

Alot of them were forced to go non union,the rest found union AC and the remaining market companies.

I've also heard about four of them started a new company and are kickin' ass.

They are hiring constantly.

This trade seems to be unstable at this time. The work is there , it's just you might have to change shirts now and then.

I believe we all love anything that is built with the service man in mind.
    Equipment built to last and built to be serviceable as well as maintenanceable.

I go to one rack and there is an oil filter. I go to the next rack, (different store), and there is a Henry screen in line in place of the standard throw away oil filter.

What's this about?
    Dont these guys know that if they provide proper filtering devices, guys will be so much more likely to replace a core, rather than a throw away filter?

So if the guys are reluctant to change filters ,(...which many of us are cause so much has to be dealt with...), why not give us what we have clamoured for per the last forty years? REPLACEABLE CORES!?

I mean, lets just look at what kills units in the first place.

Temp being outside of the operating parameters.
    Dirt.
    Moisture.
    Lubrication.
    Electrical issues.

Filtration takes care of half the problems which kill compressors.

When stuff aint meant to be serviced by service personell, we take it personally as a slam against us who are coming along AFTER it's built and having to fix it.
    And when we dont have ready reasonable access to something, we tend to get more than just a little bit peeved about it.
    And upon further inspection wew find it never wanted our attention, in that it doesnt have isolation vales. It doesnt have readily accessible panels to remove and inspect stuff behind, etc. We turn off to that product line.

And dont you dare call me pickey. Cause ...I'll list what I call pickey.

Racks with units mounted on slide out rails.
    Controls mounted away from the front of the units so you have more clearance to handle the compressors for general inspections and such.
    Easier access to head assemblies on low temp racks. So heads can be unbolted in minutes, rather than longer due to all the stuff you gotta undo cause of the fan assembly.

Isolation valves on the refrigerant circuits which actually shut off the flow of refrigerant to that circuit! 100%!!!

I will stop here and give Dave some room to vent ... hehehe ...

Dow your right on the money again.

There there always seems to be a guy willing to cut your throat for a couple of bucks. They exploit the fear of unemployment to get their way. Anything they take from you they can keep for themselves.

Unless the american worker suddenly grows a spine. IR is gonna win.

All those mechanics that help them, deserve what their going to get. Those of us who won't help them, are going to have to hope when the dust settles. Brains and Talent still have value.

Personally I think real Mechanics will be worth more.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

I believe those filters and valves are all considered options.

I agree with you , isolation valves , clearances and filters are great , but the cost of a 1 5/8 ball valve is purty steep.

I don't think it's the rack manufacturers fault, I think it's usually the salesman. They are the one who custom order the equip. for the stores.
    I deal with this every single day.

I can tell you some stuff about our salesman that would make you pee your pants laughing.

Serviceability mean very little compared to the store decor , I promise you this.

Originally posted by NedFlanders

Serviceability mean very little compared to the store decor , I promise you this.
    Someday I gotta tell ya the story of how the toy trains beat out new fresh meat cases.

It's a real tear jerker.

Hey R-12, you complain about how bad hussmann stuff is, but how about thinking about spelling our name right for once....lmfao....Its 2 n's at the end, not one. If you cant spell our name right, how else can you even start to work on our equipment...rotflmfao. And if it is that bad, like i said before, dont work on it, we'll do it...Eric
    If you cant find the time to do it right the first time, then you wont find the time the second time around....

Hey Bowman,

Just trying to keep us from insulting each other. IT'S NOT, a confrontation between you and me and Flanders. I hope you understand, I am not cutting you guys. I just have an opinion of the company you work for. But you know, I aint some hard a$$ either. SO here is some fair questions.

I know when I was doing market work exclusively, I remember it was always about the coin for something. I bet you mechanics, don't even worry about all that anymore, or do they ram it down your throat?

Are most of the shops UA unionized or most not from what you know? I know here, the shop they scooped up was and now with IR they still are. So thats good, but there has been rumors.

Is there investment plan any good? Do you all get to share the wealth so to speak.

How is management. Is it ALL CORPORATE STUPID STUFF OR DO THEY LET YOU GUYS DO YOUR JOB?

Do you all even see the presence of IR or is it just your a shop doing market work and owned by husmann.

I guess I am curious. Since your shop transistioned from it's own to IR, has there been huge changes. For the better, for the worse?

Well dow, ive been here since oct 2002, and our shop is non union, most of the shops on the east coast are union, but were not. Its always about $$$$ no matter who you work for, but there fair, and were just trying to be competive agenst the other companys around here, were by no means the biggest shop around. We lose alot of stores to other companys. But yes our benifits are very good, profit sharing i.e...6% matching 401k, bonuses, im a service supervisor for our branch, so i pretty much know everything that goes on, weather it be in install, or service. Were holding on own, and making progress but i do know some other branches are not doing nearly as well as we are at this point. But with some of the different directions were going in i see alot of potential for this company, and yes we do have some of ir's rules and regs to follow, but they pretty much leave us alone to run the branch, just as you would your shop. As long as were making profit and not losing money were pretty much left alone to do what we please...BTW i know its nothing personal, i dont take it that way, but i will defend the co. i work for, just as you would do the same for yours if anyone questions it. Theres problems everywhere, no matter what co. you work for, we just have more of them becouse we are much larger.....Eric
    If you cant find the time to do it right the first time, then you wont find the time the second time around....

So am I understanding this right, that you guys are not lowballing, to gain market share?? This is purely a rumor here, and I am through you trying to learn whats going on around here. My sources, who I will admit are very biased are explaining that if the current bidders price is 100 grand, then HUSSMANN would do it for 20 grand less. If you guys aint doing this and having to turn a profit just like anyone elese, then what the hell is all this rumor and untruths being told then. Here, they are supposedly really lowballing. If thats not possible simply due to what is expected from corporate, then I stand corrected and wish them all the luck in the world. Alot of reefer shops here blame their problems on this IR wave coming through. But from what you have said, they are just doing what they can..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast