Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hussmann haters

I think the Kick panels on the RL cases are the easiest of all frozen cases to get off/on...(call me crazy)

The only real bad Hussmann cases I can think of and cuss out loud is the old RHFA cases. (Or maybe it's RFHA)
    They have the drains on the far right side and it's only about the size of a nickel. I think a sunflower seed shell 1/2 can dam the thing up for a total ice up.
    I have about 15 stores with these.

I'd really like to see that Superplus scroll rack

Lots of the parts are available, it may be the customer,the sales person or the install contractor who did not include it at the time. Reasons could have been to save money on the purchase,make the sale or get the install bid. What ever the reason your company should be happy unless it's a full service contract.

[Edited by smbore on 05-30-2004 at 12:17 AM]

Originally posted by NedFlanders
    I'd really like to see that Superplus scroll rack

Well, I mistyped. Bud Light and all. It's a Scroll Plus rack.

Obviously there is no access problems here. This store has remote headers because of a remodel.

[Edited by jerrycoolsaz on 05-30-2004 at 05:52 PM]

Big list.

Not enough time or bandwidth.

Ned, that is the the RHCA, that has the itty bitty drain on the right, with 25 watt fan motors, driving 6 wing blades with about an 85 degree pitch, and the highly combustible case wiring...

Wasn't there a RAC & RAF reach in?

[Edited by smbore on 05-30-2004 at 03:10 AM]

It's not Hussman Manufacturing I have a problem with. It's Ingersol Rand by way of sheer financial power killing a once lucrative service industry.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    Big list.

Not enough time or bandwidth.

Ned, that is the the RHCA, that has the itty bitty drain on the right, with 25 watt fan motors, driving 6 wing blades with about an 85 degree pitch, and the highly combustible case wiring...
    hehe

Yeah , those are great.

I think also there is RHCA and RHFA....The "C" model has a slightly ampier (made up word ) heater for Ice Cream ,and the "F" model is less amps for FF. Don't quote me on this. But I do remember comparing the 2 models and that seemed to be the only difference I could see.

That's the worst case ever produced next to the NAX service deli cases.

At least Hussmann left all the wire terminations on the raceway. Tyler cases have some pretty bad meltdowns on that plug cluster in the bottom right side of the coil area.

I 've seen HillPHOENIX melt entire interior panels , wires , lamp holders , and everything else plastic.
    For some crazy reason , there wasn't any heater limits on the def. system . The EMS had a program problem and stuck in def...what a mess for the start up guy .

That's a pretty fancy scroll rack .

We have a Edison Source scroll rack in one of our stores....that thing is real nice and quiet. It looks alot less complicated then that Hussmann.

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    It's not Hussman Manufacturing I have a problem with. It's Ingersol Rand by way of sheer financial power killing a once lucrative service industry.

They are definitely changing Hussmann.

I heard they are closing the local Chino branch.

That place is HUGE. It's like a small city.....literally.

Ir is changing things, but for a very good reason, too many people with no need for a job. This topic is like the ford and chevy battle, it will never end, and there is always someone out there that hates us, and loves us...Eric
    If you cant find the time to do it right the first time, then you wont find the time the second time around....

Bowman,

I love ya dog. But. Don't be so cock sure. They have momentum and financial strength right now. I agree with that. But they are the ones that are the driving force behind the cheapening of the trade. You may or you may not wind up holding that sandwich you ordered. Once this all settles out in say 3 to 5 years, it may be that they dillusioned not only our customers collectively expecting it cheaper and more quickly but if they can't keep that up, they will fail. The way for IR to succeed is simplify the equipment to be worked on. If they acheive that, your wages will go down. The going rate will go down. Completely opposite of real progress in my opinion. There not here to increase the profit by way of increasing the esteem of the trade. Their trying to cheapening it down so it is more affordable to the consumer. How far can any one company go??

Originally posted by bowman
    This topic is like the ford and chevy battle, it will never end, and there is always someone out there that hates us, and loves us...Eric

Hell, if Ford n' Chevy made automobiles the way Hussman Engineering made Markets .... we'd all be walking!!!
    The auto mechanics of today are not up toi even maintaining our present level of complex vehicle. Let alone figure out something that was really screwed up ... like a super market is.
    If it werent for the market refrigeration man, nothing... NOTHING Hussman ever designed, built and started up would run past DAY Number ONE!!!
    If it even started.
    If it even ever cooled once started.

I am not making these claims based upon my personal knowledge thru doing startups at these markets ... oh no! I am basing my words upon the experience of one of this industries greatest market men who ever walked into a motor room; Nate Fergusen.
    He used to work for Hussman.

He told me so many horror stories about argueing with "engineers" ...
    They drew it up, it was installed as planed, and Nate along with his crew ... made it work. DESPITE how it was designed and built!!!

If you think I'm long winded and opinionated ... your all just real lucky Nate isnt here tonight!

Those of you who think kindly of Hussman would turn red, and Boss would have to bring in back up resources just to handle all the overload to his network!

Hussman treated Nate like a Saint. And he worked his tail off for them.
    He was one of a kind. You dont meet many men like him, in your entire lifetime.
    He always used to encourage me to join the union, get in with the big dog and start doing markets fulltime.

He passed about two and a half years ago.

Oh well ..... moving right along here .... I got a hussman, Made in Chino, rack. Med temp 22. The CPC controller is blowing those little two amp fuses inside the box.
    I replaced the contactor and traced the wiring out. I dont know where I am grounded at.

About three weeks ago I was out to this store and the fuse was blown. Once I replaced it, everything just ran fine for awhile.
    Now though, the fuse blows IMMEDIATELY!

What's been your experience with shorts in this matter?

Any sugestions would be appreciated.

Oh ... and if any of your Hussman lovers come up with something constructive ... and it works .. I will lay off Hussman for three months. Deal?

If it's in the control circuit for a compressor, check that control wire does not have a short inside of the metal flex that goes from the control panel to the compressor terminal box. if this is the case you can remove flex and check on the control wire inside.

Originally posted by smbore
    If it's in the control circuit for a compressor, check that control wire does not have a short inside of the metal flex that goes from the control panel to the compressor terminal box. if this is the case you can remove flex and check on the control wire inside.
    I'll try just that. Thanks.

I thought I'd been thru it all with this thing.

My partner says it may takes hours to run this down.

I'd hope not. If it hadnt been overtime today, I'd still be there right now fixing it.

Thank the Lord it's overtime!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast