Hussmann haters - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hussmann haters

I'm a union tech in the west.'
    We get 1/2 hour lunch deducted regardless if we take it or not.

Hussmann does have a different deal here also. The Tradesmen and Apps, make less ,and I also here that Hussmann techs do not get vacation or matching hours paid into the kitty for ANY travel time EXCEPT on call.

They (Hussmann) have got clout with the union...or they used to.(70-80 less techs)
    I believe this September is a turning point.
    Safeway contracts , Union labor contracts all to be renewed at the peak of summer....should be REAL interesting.

I hope to still be sporting same pinstriped uniforms in October.

Originally posted by NedFlanders

I hope to still be sporting same pinstriped uniforms in October.
    Parole hearing????

I'm a union tech in the west.'
    We get 1/2 hour lunch deducted regardless if we take it or not.

Hussmann techs do not get vacation or matching hours paid into the kitty for ANY travel time EXCEPT on call.

Same here. no bennies on travel time. One good thing in the Hussmann aggreement is that there are iu think 3 holidays that are paid at doubletime for service repairs. That was never the case before. Only doubletime available was for construction. But that has all but gone away too, except in a few cases.(In the markets that is, HVAC and industrieal refer still get DT for overtime new construction and weekends construction.)

Like I said previous a lot has changed, and it will probably keep on changing. Nature of the beast. Think I have beat this horse dead enough. Time to move on.

Parole hearing???? [/QUOTE]

Now that's funny..I guess I set that one up.

It's funny how the unions are different from local to local.
    We get all the goods on TT , but we have to eat the time to the first and from the last , up to 50 miles from home.

I rack up the miles on the companys van.

Ventura to San Diego...crazyness.

My shop is charging this market chain in Texas; $44.50 an hour for service work.

That's the excuse I got for the low wages.

ANd they blame Hussman for this.

I replied what you siad about the Great and Mighty Hussies NOT lowballing anyone .... that you know of.

I dont get it.

Where's the bucks in this field? I thought market men were amongst the highest paid on the food chain ladder.

Now I'm loggin in the hours, and just makina regular paycheck.

And now, as of today, even that is being threatened by back biting and slanders and anxiety within the ranks.

Hell ... if this is what the big league is all about ... I am switching BACK to commercial refrigeration service.

R-12 , what did you do before got into markets ?

[ deleted by Boss ]
    Sorry - please read the rules Forum Rules

- language ]

[Edited by Boss on 06-02-2004 at 05:37 AM]

Yes id like to know what you did before you got into markets r-12. Your not gonna any more money doing markets then you will doing hvac/ or control systems, or commercial refrigeration. If your good you'll make top dollar at no matter what you do.....Eric
    If you cant find the time to do it right the first time, then you wont find the time the second time around....

R-12 , what did you do before got into markets ?

Despite what some hacker pasted into my online resume a few months back ....and which were all untrue, by the way ...
    I have done commercial refrigeration, ice machines and commercial A/C service.

I love commercial refrig. I love ice machines.

I saw some job openings here locally in market service so I posted the question, what's the secret about market work?
    And the answers I got lead me to ask my present employer for a chance.

So, with a great deal of encouragement from y'all online here and some help from two co workers in the field, I am doing market service today.
    No training, no books, no question and answer stuff.

It's amazing I havent blown something up already!

The learning curve is a bit weighty at times. There are many things I havent a clue about ... but this equipment is so old ... and so under-controlled .... it is not all that difficult to keep online.

You're doin' fine I'm sure.
    You seem to ask all the right questions for someone who's digging into the systems. You'll get it , it's really not that bad.

The ABSOLUTE WORST is the summertime on call.

Hang in there..the money will come

I agree with the other guys Hussman still makes some good equipment. Some have all the bells a whistles and other don't. The corp. office get what they pay for. Now days they all want to save a buck and cry when something happens.

If you want valves on those units put them on. Be like the FRAM filter man pay me now or pay me later. Believe me some store chains will buy some real JUNK!

DON'T GET EXCITED

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345