Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hussmann haters

Hybrid View

I was just in another thread and just read R-12 rip "The Mighty Hussmann" a new one.

Anyone list your dislikes...I'm just curious.

I personally think they make some pretty good stuff.

I know some of there "Chino" stuff is weak , but I think overall their products are pretty good .

I think most or all of their impact lines kicks ass

And I think the RL cases are excellent. Even though I work for one of their enemies , I think they are pretty good

FLAME SUIT ON ....ready for bashing

Hussmann is still turning out quality equipment considering what the "market" is willing to pay for.

What sized hammer and crow bar do you use to remove the new plastic kick plates on the FF cases?

I'm down there on my hands and knees with a 1/4 nut driver loosening tek screws so the adjustable brackets will let loose of my panel.

Gads that was a tough one.

I'm positive there MUST be an easier method of gaining access to the electrical goodies down there!

Hussman Engineering .... what a mess

And how come they put those stupid yet expensive fan motors in so many cases?

You know the type. They are the one's that once they feel water, they fail miserably.

And why dont they have the wiring marked so a guy can come along and tell whether or not a certain case on theline up is defrosting okay?

Maybe a light, an L.E.D. ?

Something to show the element is engaged, is working now or not and so forth.

And why dont their FF line ups come WITH hand valves to isolate the cases for service?

Augh!!!

And on their racks, why dont they install hand valves to isolate the oil filters?

Originally posted by R12rules
    And why dont their FF line ups come WITH hand valves to isolate the cases for service?

Augh!!!
    We have those

And on their racks, why dont they install hand valves to isolate the oil filters?
    We have those too

And how come they put those stupid yet expensive fan motors in so many cases?

You know the type. They are the one's that once they feel water, they fail miserably.
    The ECM motors? **cough**regular 9 watt replace**cough**

I love Hussman, probably because they are the equipment I trained on. The ones I have problems with are the Superplus scroll racks. **** is tight on there and my paws don't fit. I do like the oil regulating system on them though.

And why dont they have the wiring marked so a guy can come along and tell whether or not a certain case on theline up is defrosting okay?

Maybe a light, an L.E.D. ?

Something to show the element is engaged, is working now or not and so forth.
    They make this temp display that mounts on the outside that shows refer mode and defrost mode. Slick

Hey Jerry. I'm glad your stuff have those hand valves. My stores never had them installed.
    And I miss them terribly.

Whenever I replace an oil filter, I add a hand valve. Makes it easier on the next guy. (who just may be me).

Those black plastic kickplates though .... I gotta get a method down for working with those suckers ... I was ready to go fetch me a hammer and crow bar.
    I'm tellin ya....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast