+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ducane, Centurion, Heil and Arco Aire mfgrs?

Post Likes
    hello all,

I am new to the HVAC field (2 yrs). I am a lic. HVAC contractor in WV.

I purchase Ducane, Centurion, Heil, and Arco Aire.

Could anybody please tell me if these units, if any, are manufactured by any of the "major" companies that capitalize the market. I know that Carrier is made by A.S. and Janitrol by Goodman. I have also heard that there is a connection between Bard and Bryant and Heil and Whirlpool/Kenmore?

Similarly, i have been told that there is one company that puts several different names on there units...hmmm?

Could you folks please help an independent contractor out?

Such info, would be helpful to me as it is quite difficult to compete with dealers who constantly "put down" these products (and my inquiries elsewhere are not yielding consistant answers.

Thank you,

doc

Post Likes
    btw. i know these are the LOW END products by these companies and in NO WAY is an endorsement by these MAJOR manufactures of these products (or me) as being the same quality as Trane, Carrier, Lennox, Ben and Jerry's TOP LINE units.

I just want to be factual in my statements.

doc

Post Likes

ducane

lennox purchased ducane a few years ago,ducane makes a builders grade unit for lennox,under a lennox name..air-flo?I am not sure of the name but the same as a ducane

Post Likes
    thank you. i was able to search this site for info for all the brands except Centurion, which i was told by the "rep" that they are made by the same manufacturer as YORK...?
    have a great holiday weekend...if the phone doesnt ring!!!

Post Likes
    Heil, Tempstar and comfortmaker are owned by international comfort products which was bought out last year by uniden products, which owns carrier, bryant, day & night, payne, Tempstar heat pump a/h's are now carrier, but you cannot beat tempstars slope top, of the 500 or so I have installed in the last 4 years, less than 1% factory problems. Trane is owned by A/s. Nordyne has frig. maytag, westinghouse, ect.

Post Likes
    I know that Carrier is made by A.S. and Janitrol by Goodman. I have also heard that there is a connection between Bard and Bryant and Heil and Whirlpool/Kenmore?
    Carrier is owned by United Technologies, not Uniden or American-Standard. Bard is a family owned business not related to anybody. Bryant is part of the United Technologies family as is Heil. Kenmore is the same as a Tempstar. Whirlpool is a private label of Watsco Distributing made by Armstrong. Centurion is a private label made by York.

http://johnmills.net/work/history.html

Post Likes
    thanks ALL

the rep said Centurian was a private label made by YORK...but based on the warranty (15 yrs on heat exchangers on 90+) and compressors 5 yrs EVEN in 12 SEER HP...i guess not a TOP line product?

SORRY, i wouldnt even ask these dumb questions if i could get a decent franchize in Morgantown, WV and NOT have to sell these off brands...

cludoc out

Post Likes

clubdoc

i would look into nordyne brands. good stuff. standardized parts,excellent factory support,reliable. kelvinator-6yr warranty parts sparmom inc pittsburg. philco-6yr johnstone supply pittsburg. gibson-5yr valley supply clarksburg. & universal supply parkersburg. couldn't find a dist on tappan, fridgidaire,or westinghouse because they're changing to a dealer format on the web to keep homeowners from going directly to the dist. nordyne is great! they make miller & intertherm trailer furnaces too. look at http://www.nordyne.com

Post Likes

clubdoc

nordynes # is 1-800-4AC-heat. press 2 for tech services. they do a good day school too.

Post Likes
    WHAT CAN I SAY!!

THANKS AGAIN

YOU PPL ARE SUPREME

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in