Unhappy I needed some experienced help

I have been handed about 6 restaurants to take care of and its been running me ragged (Dennys). Im trained and have experience in refer but for the past several years have done mostly hvac work. Its slowly coming back but to take care of these poorly maintained eating establishments I needed some experienced help and fast. Im in business with a cpl of other fellars and left it up to them to hire me someone. They did hire someone who they said was very experienced in refer work and I thought help had arrived. First day on the roof top we came to the first condenser and he was gonna hook up the guages to check our pressures....he looks up at me and asked me which way he needed to turn the service valve to crack it open. I dropped my head. Turns out he is a former apartment maint. tech who figured if he knew how to work on some ac condensers then refrigeration couldn't be that much different.

Guess it was better he asked then to crank away till it snapped.
    At least he got the cap off right ? See it could be worst.

hire me

Cut your losses and keep looking for experienced help
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime"

I hired a apt maintaince guy about a year ago, he said he could work on all a/c units and refrigeration also not a problem, he lasted 1 week..... he could only work on 2 ton Rheems. I sent him to go do a filter change and he put those in backwards..... Fired!!!

Spend the $$$ get experienced help.... even if you got to pay more at least you will not loose accounts !

Quote Originally Posted by hackmaster View Post
    I have been handed about 6 restaurants to take care of and its been running me ragged (Dennys).
    I feel your pain. I used to service 2 of them. One wasn't too bad and had mostly decent equipment. The other was a nightmare, and it was one of the nicer ones according to my coworkers. I would get a call at least once a week after the health inspector showed up, but they wouldn't spend the money to fix anything.
    Zach

restaurant work sucks, i still have the ocassional nightmare.
    I will take a bullet for my Veto LC tool bag!

I love it in SC

I love it in SC.

And my accent's not half bad either.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by hackmaster View Post
    I have been handed about 6 restaurants to take care of and its been running me ragged (Dennys). Im trained and have experience in refer but for the past several years have done mostly hvac work. Its slowly coming back but to take care of these poorly maintained eating establishments I needed some experienced help and fast. Im in business with a cpl of other fellars and left it up to them to hire me someone. They did hire someone who they said was very experienced in refer work and I thought help had arrived. First day on the roof top we came to the first condenser and he was gonna hook up the guages to check our pressures....he looks up at me and asked me which way he needed to turn the service valve to crack it open. I dropped my head. Turns out he is a former apartment maint. tech who figured if he knew how to work on some ac condensers then refrigeration couldn't be that much different.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.