Thread: Frigidair

Anybody install these split systems. If so, how are they. How are the noise levels compared to others ( 10 seer range ) I know they have an 8 year warranty when installed with a matching coil and the company offers full replacment if the system goes bad within 5 years. Just thinking about trying them out and looking for input. Tanks you guys!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

I've installed several and think they are pretty good. I would continue to offer them but the distributor went into bankruptcy and the next nearest to me is a little further away than the 25 miles I was doing.

Been installing them for years. Good solid system, quiet compared to alot of others and we have a very low warranty rate. Only problem so far was 13 seer heat pumps had a problem with noisy check valve outside but they seem to have fixed that. I would recommend them.
    Its a good Life!

I used to be a dealer for them and installed alot of them. best warranty at 8 years and 5 year replacement cant be beat. Benncool on here is also a dealer.

Originally posted by lakeerie
    I used to be a dealer for them and installed alot of them. best warranty at 8 years and 5 year replacement cant be beat. Benncool on here is also a dealer.

I think Beenie used Mitsubishi on his last job.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Like Todd said I am a dealer for Frigidaire. He could buy them cheaper though?? Still haven't figured that out. Must be an Ohio thing.

In 2.5 years I have had one compressor that was DOA. I had a whole new CONDENSING UNIT sitting on my dock the next day. And they gave me a check for $200 for changing it.

Carrier would have sent a compressor after a fashion. Charged us for the compressor. We would have to fight for a credit for the compressor for 6 months. Filled out a booklet of forms. Fight with the sissy-ass comptroller over the interest they were charging for the warranty part so he would release the next order. (Did I mention I didn't like Carrier)

Any thing you want to do for advertising Frigidaire will co-op no questions asked. The tech support line is very knowledgeable and friendly. Plus you aren't on hold for vey long.

Originally posted by spotts

I think Beenie used Mitsubishi on his last job.

Ha ha! MY BAD! you said Split System, I read mini-split system.
    In the words of Roseanne Roseanna Danna.... "Oh, Nevermind".
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

B-C do you still have the pricing list i sent ya?

B-C do you still have the pricing list i sent ya?
    To be honest, no I don't. It became redundant since I got two price lists, since, from my distributor. And guess what-- the prices went up.

i agree with bencool.....but i've haven't had no help with advertising