Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help choosing between Carrier 24APA748A**31 and Bryant 127ANA048****A System

Hi,

I am the end of a long road figuring out which HVAC system is best for me. I live in a 2 story 3,024 square foot house in Phoenix, AZ and have a split system with condensers outside and GAS furnaces upstairs in the attic.

My manual-J calculation came out at 7.48 tons, so I'm going with 2 4-ton 2-stage condensers and 2 variable speed furnaces.

CARRIER:
    ARI# 3638152
    SEER 17.00/ EER 13.50
    "PERFORMANCE 17 PURON AC"
    Condenser: 24APA748A**31
    Coil: CNPH*6124A**+UI
    Furnace: 58CV(A,X)110-20
    Cooling Capacity: 50,000 Btuh (each)

BRYANT:
    ARI# 3638358
    SEER 17.00/EER 13.5.00
    "PREFERRED 17 PURON AC"
    Condenser: 127ANA048****A
    Coil: CNPH*6124A**
    Furnace: 315(A,J)AV060110
    Cooling Capacity: 50,000 Btuh (each)

Neither system would come with the Infinity or Evolution control thermostats, which I did not think I needed for the extra money.

Both contractors are BBB A+. I have a slight, slight preference toward one of them but I have a friend that used the other and was happy. In short, they'd both do a good job.

Does anyone know of any differences between these two systems? If priced pretty close to each other, what would your preference be?

Thank you!

I am a Trane, Lennox and Bryant dealer i personally like Bryant they have really came up in the last few years in the quality of there equipment they did have a recall on there heat exchangers but they honored them and will fix it .. on the other hand my old company i worked for delt with carrier... they are also great equipment .. i personal don't like them in the AC part of it. no real reason but i am more partial towards bryant more or less make sure you get a good warranty on the system and compressor.... the compressor warrenty is usually different make sure you get the better warranty i don't think you could go wrong with either

Same Units just different stickers. I would spend the couple extra hundred for the INF/EVO control if it were me.

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    Same Units just different stickers. I would spend the couple extra hundred for the INF/EVO control if it were me.
    Get the control for this unit, it would be a foolish idea to not install the infinity control.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Quote Originally Posted by Freezeking2000 View Post
    Get the control for this unit, it would be a foolish idea to not install the infinity control.
    Ditto

Your spending a lot of money, don't shortchange yourself. This equip needs accurate controls.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    Ditto

Your spending a lot of money, don't shortchange yourself. This equip needs accurate controls.
    Ok, I am not understanding how Infinity or Evolution controls will help me. I have heard they can help with humidity, but I live in Phoenix. I have heard they have diagnostics on them for repairmen, but I have a 10 year extended labor warranty. I have heard I will be able to see how often my system is in low stage vs. High stage, but that is just fluff to me as long as my electric bill goes down. My bids went down 10 to 15% when I got rid of the infinity and evolution controls... that was a lot of money...

The Bryant 127a is the old legacy line but has been moved up to preferred. I am told they added a condenser blanket, but the Evolution controls are not an option with it... I would have to go to the 187a for those...

However, infinity controls are an option on the Carrier model. I just don't know of a compelling reason why they are worth the 15% extra cost.

Another question ...

I have heard that the Bryant 127A is the equivalent to the Carrier 24ACB7 ... But this Carrier dealer is offering the 24APA7 and hasn't said anything about the Carrier 24ACB7...

So what is the difference between the Carrier 24ACB7 and the Carrier 24APA7 if I choose not to have Infinity Controls? Can the 24ACB7 have Infinity Controls?

I have also been told that the Bryant 127A used to be in the Legacy line... Then they started moving part numbers around to qualify for the tax credits and the Bryant 127A received a Compressor Sound Blanket and moved to the Preferred Line....and the major difference between the Bryant 127A and the Bryant 167A is that the 127A is not Evolution Controls ready (and like I said in my previous post, I'm not sure how these controls would benefit me).

I still need some help guys....

Can anybody give me a compelling reason why I would want Infinity Controls on the Carrier Performance 24APA748A**31 system? Again, with my current bid, this raised the price 20% overall for 2 systems.

Do people feel Bryant 127ANA048****A is a fair comparison to the 24APA748A**31 system? Do I need to go to the Bryant 167A to be a fair comparison?

If the prices are about the same, is the Carrier 24APA7 without Infinity Controls comparable to the Bryant 127A ? Hellllllllllllllllllllp! Thanks!

You are correct the 24APA7 is compared to the 167a (now the 187B)

If you are not going with the INF/EVO control i would go with the 127A or the 24ACB7 Both still 2 stage but not the INF/ EVO compatable. Not as nice of a case on them.

"I have heard they have diagnostics on them for repairmen, but I have a 10 year extended labor warranty."

The EVO/INF control just gives you alot of comfort options and also the Diagnostic ability.

You are correct the 24APA7 is compared to the 167a (now the 187B)

If you are not going with the INF/EVO control i would go with the 127A or the 24ACB7 Both still 2 stage but not the INF/ EVO compatable. Not as nice of a case on them.

"I have heard they have diagnostics on them for repairmen, but I have a 10 year extended labor warranty."

The EVO/INF control just gives you alot of comfort options and also the Diagnostic ability.
    What is the difference in the casing between the Bryant 127A and the Bryant 187B ? Is it louder? I have heard that the 127A had the Compressor blanket added to it (used to be an accessory, now it comes with it) when this unit moved from the Legacy line to the Preferred line. Is this true?

127A Is about 75dBA the 187b is 73dBA

As far as looks the 187B has a black grate for the hole top of the unit and the 127A has just the typical circle black grate for the fan. I was trying to copy and paste pictures but i couldn't get it to work.

127A Is about 75dBA the 187b is 73dBA

As far as looks the 187B has a black grate for the hole top of the unit and the 127A has just the typical circle black grate for the fan. I was trying to copy and paste pictures but i couldn't get it to work.
    Ok, so the Carrier 24APA748 and Bryant 187B are basically the same system.
    I asked the Carrier dealer to rework the bid with the Infinity Controls included and that number came back much better (couple hundred bucks each for each system like you said).

I am at a place right now where the bid for Carrier 24APA748 with Infinity Controls is a little less than my Bryant 187B with Evolution controls bid.

I do have a slight preference toward the Bryant dealer, but also have a slight preference toward the Carrier brand name. This is tough.

There the same exact parts in both units so i would go with the company you are more comfortable with.

Is either Dealer offering the Bryant Bonus or the Carrier Cool Cash?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast