+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: proper way to recover r-22?

Post Likes

Question

sorry i dont know much, i got sent to one of those useless cfc classes that hand u a card for sitting in there for the day........ anyways i am hoping someone here could tell me the proper way to hook up a recovery tank and guages in cooling.a/c mode..... thanks for the help

Post Likes
    Read the instuction book that comes with the unit.

Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes

hahaha

10 year old place with 300 units , like someone left an instruction book .....AS IF

[Edited by patriotsrule on 05-27-2004 at 01:30 AM]

Post Likes
    He means the instruction book with the recovery unit. Most times there is instructions on the unit itself.....that's how I learned.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes
    not to be a smart ass but if there was a diagram would i be asking ????? probably not or i would be brain-dead....... guys please i just started at a large housing complex and i need to know the proper set up of the guages, tank, machine.......etc. i got stuck in a cfc class where they give you a 100 notes and then the test was all those notes reworded to questions, they handed me a card but not real knowledge....... i would appreciate the input
    i know the blue hose goes to the low side/fat line ..........

Post Likes

PATRIOTSRULE

Try going to the website of the manufacturer of the recovery machine you are using. Some of them have downloads of product manuals. As an example, the following is a link for Amprobe Promax and the manual for the RG-5410A. It will give you an idea of how to use a recovery machine. Hope it helps.

http://www.amprobe.com/manuals/RG5410A.pdf

Post Likes

Hmm proper way to recover r-22

if you dont know how too hook up a set of gauges for recovery,then you shouldnt be messing around with it,call a professional
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

Post Likes

At least

You know enough to say you don't know enough.

I'd go with looking up the machine on the web site, then I'd get myself into a school, if i were you.

Post Likes
    First learn about the equiptment you are working on before you start to worry about recovery.
    Not what it use to be

Post Likes
    Post the make and model number here. Somebody's probably got one just like it and can help you.

Post Likes
    If you can't find the installation instructions then look inside the fan squirrel cage. They are probably all shreaded up inside on the bottom of the shoud.

[Edited by benncool on 05-27-2004 at 10:58 AM]

Post Likes
    Originally posted by patriotsrule
    not to be a smart ass
    So then you are a dumb ass.

Post Likes
    drill a screw thru the suction line say oops and let the atmosphere take care of the rest.
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Post Likes

Dam Dice

Originally posted by Diceman
    Originally posted by patriotsrule
    not to be a smart ass
    So then you are a dumb ass.

Post Likes
    wow last time i ask for advice on this site. thanks for being dicks and full of yourselfs. when you are done pulling the COC&% out of your mouthes then speak but dont give me sh!t for trying to learn the proper way to do something, just trying to follow the law.

Post Likes
    Now that I have the c*ck out of my mouth. Dice is bent up cause Lamb Chop is on the block. You were asked to post what machine you have.

Besides it was a play on words. Loosen up.

[Edited by mattm on 05-27-2004 at 01:31 PM]

Post Likes
    OK, here do this.
    Hook up blue hose A to unit, red hose B to recovery tank, green hose C to recovery unit, chartruse hose D to other ftg, Yellow hose D to other tank, and whatever else is left hook it all together. Turn it on and run.
    Maybe you should have paid attention in class, oh wait, I forgot, you are too smart for that school.

Post Likes
    Hear now. I know how hard you guys are on Patriots fans. I'll have none of it do you hear. Don't worry p.r. I'll protect you from this unruley mob.

Post Likes
    Sheeeze...dont get your panties in a not.

Post Likes

recovery

Take a look at the brand of unit you have and look on the web or ask at your local HVAC/R wholesaler for the company phone number. They also can put you in touch with the local manufacturers rep who can help you with booklet/diagram.

Some units can pump liquid, others vapor only. USUALLY you will hook up low and high sides to appropriate unit valves, middle hose to recovery machine, outlet hose of recovery machine to tank.

Other variables are: float switches (heaven forbid) push/ pull system (hopefully outdated by now)

In short...these machines use diffent techniques, so there will be no standard answers to this. You will have to find the company that made it in order to use the machine safely and correctly.

Remember one thing though: A bag of ice or a bucket of water is your friend when you are recovering refrigerant. Keep your tank cool and you will speeed up recovery (high heat = high pressure = slow recovery.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in