Wolfstrike goes to the lyberry

so i decided i want to start major study of the American Revolution era.

there's a library right by my house.
    my first instinct was, 'don't go near this left-wing institution'

being that i didn't like a lot of the books i came across, i decided not to be lazy.
    i went to the local library to get a card.

so of course, i walk in and there's some big fat liberal $#%@# sitting there, i told her "i need a card".
    she said , "fill this out"
    i grab a library pencil, answer the 4 questions, and hand the paper to her.
    she's reading my info with this look of disgust on her face (i have no idea why)
    then, she looks at my driver's licence like 10 times, trying to see if it's real.... i almost started laughing.
    she hands me the library card, told me a bunch of BS i don't care about, i say "thanks" and start walking away.
    as i'm walking away i put the pencil back in the pencil cup.
    she hears the noise and flings her chair around, like WTF?, to see what i'm doing

so i look around the library and they have 6 rows of library books, and whole large room dedicated to childrens books, and what ever they're trying to brainwash them with. (Duckling and Goose Goose, or whatever )

so i said "i'm outta here"

i went to LA Library online and found a book i wanted, every book i found over 200 pages is only at the Central Los Angeles Library, these local branches have nothing but freaking 'pamphlets'.
    i went online to find the book and it was $120.
    so i decided to take a trip to the Los Angeles Library.

i parked in the garage near the library that said $4.75 blah blah blah, i said "this won't take long".

i go inside,
    (the place is trying to look like the Jedi Temple.)
    and there's a young liberal girl working in there, about 25 years old
    (who will retire at 40 with a larger pension than most of us earn for working)

she says "yeah we have that book, you can't check it out because it's for reference only"
    "i'll find you similar books you can check out"

so i go over to the book isle and i find a few book about the Constitution.

some left-winger got all the Constitution books wet.
    some right-winger underlined and highlighted statements in the books.

i ended up reading a book that had a $19.99 sticker on it.

so i said "i'm outta here"
    i wrote down the names of books i wanted and took off.
    (of course the Los Angeles Library has it's own F-ing SWAT team)

they put a machine there to pay your parking, they charged me $12.
    the girl in front of me got a parking bill of $37.

while i was in the library i was reading and they shut off all the lights, and they said "attention, the new library hours go into effect today, we will be closing at 6PM instead of 8PM"
    i said 'good! i hope you all get laid-off and they close this dump'

Los Angeles has made a mockery of everything

shouldn't you be whining in Spanish
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

I didnt know people in LA could read.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

you do know that the books in the main library can be sent to any branch for pick up!!!

as for the rest of the experience, that is why I left So Cal, non English speaking, charge for everything that should be free (water, parking, oxygen, etc.) and as personable as diarrhea!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    you do know that the books in the main library can be sent to any branch for pick up!!!

as for the rest of the experience, that is why I left So Cal, non English speaking, charge for everything that should be free (water, parking, oxygen, etc.) and as personable as diarrhea!!!!
    Why should water and parking be free? You expect the tax payers to pick up the expenses of treating water so it becomes potable? And parking being free? That is like telling a person they no longer own their property and have to let free loaders take advantage of them. Friggin commies are seeping in, and fast!

"the health care bill was written by two members of the health insurance industry"
    -Howard Dean, PBS documentary

Quote Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
    Why should water and parking be free? You expect the tax payers to pick up the expenses of treating water so it becomes potable?I have no problem with the public/tap water charges, I was referencing the bottled water craze. And parking being free? That is like telling a person they no longer own their property and have to let free loaders take advantage of them. Friggin commies are seeping in, and fast!

Google books and The Gutenberg Project have lots of books online. Many of them on google books are free in their entirety....you just need to use advanced search to search for full preview. These books are also downloadable.

Lot of the books that are free preview on google books are older books......even a lot of old hvac and sheetmetal and boiler books......lot of old woodworking books.....books on all subjects.

lets do a google books search shall we.......

google books website

http://books.google.com/bkshp?hl=en&tab=wp

now I will search for american revolution era

http://books.google.com/books?q=amer...G=Search+Books

now I go over to the left of the page and click on "full view only"

http://books.google.com/books?q=amer...1&sa=N&start=0

I then start searching thru for interesting books to download in full.

project gutenberg

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

books out the wazoooooooooo

ebay is also a good source for old books..especially older books from the 18th century and earlier......some of them very inexpensive if you are looking for reading material and not collectible books....

Im glad to see you are interested in reading wolfie.....so many on here I suspect do their only reading on websites like this.....or the spam they recieve in their in box.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Google books and The Gutenberg Project have lots of books online. Many of them on google books are free in their entirety....you just need to use advanced search to search for full preview. These books are also downloadable.

Lot of the books that are free preview on google books are older books......even a lot of old hvac and sheetmetal and boiler books......lot of old woodworking books.....books on all subjects.

lets do a google books search shall we.......

google books website

http://books.google.com/bkshp?hl=en&tab=wp

now I will search for american revolution era

http://books.google.com/books?q=amer...G=Search+Books

now I go over to the left of the page and click on "full view only"

http://books.google.com/books?q=amer...1&sa=N&start=0

I then start searching thru for interesting books to download in full.

project gutenberg

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

books out the wazoooooooooo

ebay is also a good source for old books..especially older books from the 18th century and earlier......some of them very inexpensive if you are looking for reading material and not collectible books....

Im glad to see you are interested in reading wolfie.....so many on here I suspect do their only reading on websites like this.....or the spam they recieve in their in box.
    Wonder if I could get the Coles notes for Atlas Shrugged somewhere, I bet though the Coles notes are also quite lengthy and quite boring like the book itself.