Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In the Family

Cool

Me myself and I, all three of us are in this HVAC bit together, nobody else in the family. My Dad is a carpenter and is totally afraid of ANYTHING mechanical or electrical. How many of us tore apart our toys when we were kids? Mine got worn out from too many "repairs and minor modifications". The Old Man just shook his head when he saw some of the contraptions I would build. Best part was they would mostly always work.

My pops.
    Not what it use to be

Talking

I started as a carpenter with my dad. My grandfather was a pipefitter, my uncle was a salesman for Carrier.

I'm a loner. My dad liked to blow up stuff, for a company and i could have gone either way but i chose this one. I guess he was a loner too.

Grandfather was a boiler mechanic for Kenwood mills(1st class plant operater). Kenwood Mills was a wool blanket manufacturer in Canada, used lots of steam. My dad got his refrigeration licence in 1963. He never used it thoe, drove truck instead. I took him on a call a few years back......he was amazed by the time we took to ' not let the gas go"
    Save me Jebus

Home is Azle Texas, work in Dallas-Fort Worth & surrounding areas.
    Step-father started me out helping him when I was about 11 years old.Not just hvacr,but carpentry [which I hate],electrical,plumbing and anything to turn a dime.I also know how to operate heavy equipment because of him.I enjoyed it growing up but still rebelled at the authority figure part.We get get along great now unless I ride his ass about him not pulling permits and having the proper licenses.
    Life as an adult is much like life in kindergarten - If I make it through the day without crying or hitting some one, then it was a good day!

My step dad(man who raised me) union plumber , bread delivery , inspector , fast food mechanic , bus driver...

Me same thing since high school.....refrigeration....I'm stickin' to one path.

I worked for my dad in construction for 8 years and made the leap into HVAC when my neibor who worked for a company told them I was getting burned out in construction. A couple days later my phone rang and I was offered the HVAC job, the rest is history.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

lots of roofers in my family, an electrician, painter, plumber, i thought i would try to bring something new

to the table

The United States Navy was my father. Started me on 400 PSI boilers
    R2B4BTU

Just me, dad was career air force.

Dad (Step-but still Dad)

Left service manuals laying around where I could get my hands on them-big mistake-they were usually by the tools too.

Originally posted by itsamine
    My pops.
    My pops is on the AC side and the USN is where I did boilers 600psi superheat baby Main fire lit aye.
    Not what it use to be

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast