+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In the Family

Post Likes
    I was told most hvac techs have fathers that are techs. How many people on this site have hvac in there familys, if you do could you post relationship of family member just doing a little survey. Thanks bks

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    None here,and only a few of the techs,I've ever known.

Post Likes
    I'm all by myself, the only one.

Post Likes
    Me either, my dad flipped burgers.

Let me guess. Your dad's an hvac man and wants you to be one too?

Post Likes

i STARTED OUT A 5TH GEN PLUMBER.

3rd gen. to own this biz. I hated toilets and drains and stuff. Now we just do HVAC and drive prettier trucks.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    I'm solo too.

My Dad worked for Ford and now I get to buy their vehicles at a discount Thanks Dad!

Post Likes
    All by myself, my father was an awopaho indian chief....

Post Likes
    grand dad, dad, uncle, brothers and in-laws in the biz, it's in my blood I guess.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Total solo act. My dad wasn't round much but he was good at what ever he did and I get that from him so .

Post Likes

Going down the HVAC trail....

by myself...Dad was a auto mechanic and discouraged me from following in his foot steps.
    If every a...... could do this,I wouldn't have a job...

Post Likes
    Hey this is different. My Dad was not in the business. He worked in restuarants most of his life. Never owned one.

My Uncle Marty, my Mother's brother, was a pipefitter. He was my favorite uncle. He taught me how to solder pipe when I was 10. My grandfather so I am told was a steam fitter in Yonkers NY. I never met the man.

I have 2 sons that have Associates Degrees in HVAC. They both say that they don't want to take over the business. The younger has continued on in college and is going for his Bachelors in Mathematics. He wants to be a teacher. He is now working for the company for the summer. His older brother has been working for the company for 10 years now as an installation foreman.

Spotts could tell us better how they really feel about taking over the business. I think they feel that I will die if I don't work. So they don't want me to die. I kinda had a nice retirement in mind.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Dad, uncles, cousins, brother!! The trade has been good to us!!

Post Likes
    just me. daddy is a farmer. still lives on the same spot of land he was born on.

Post Likes

Cool

Me myself and I, all three of us are in this HVAC bit together, nobody else in the family. My Dad is a carpenter and is totally afraid of ANYTHING mechanical or electrical. How many of us tore apart our toys when we were kids? Mine got worn out from too many "repairs and minor modifications". The Old Man just shook his head when he saw some of the contraptions I would build. Best part was they would mostly always work.

Post Likes
    My pops.
    Not what it use to be

Post Likes

Talking

I started as a carpenter with my dad. My grandfather was a pipefitter, my uncle was a salesman for Carrier.

Post Likes
    I'm a loner. My dad liked to blow up stuff, for a company and i could have gone either way but i chose this one. I guess he was a loner too.

Post Likes
    Grandfather was a boiler mechanic for Kenwood mills(1st class plant operater). Kenwood Mills was a wool blanket manufacturer in Canada, used lots of steam. My dad got his refrigeration licence in 1963. He never used it thoe, drove truck instead. I took him on a call a few years back......he was amazed by the time we took to ' not let the gas go"
    Save me Jebus

Work in Dallas-Fort Worth & surrounding areas.
    Post Likes
    Step-father started me out helping him when I was about 11 years old.Not just hvacr,but carpentry [which I hate],electrical,plumbing and anything to turn a dime.I also know how to operate heavy equipment because of him.I enjoyed it growing up but still rebelled at the authority figure part.We get get along great now unless I ride his ass about him not pulling permits and having the proper licenses.

Post Likes
    My step dad(man who raised me) union plumber , bread delivery , inspector , fast food mechanic , bus driver...

Me same thing since high school.....refrigeration....I'm stickin' to one path.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in