+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multimeters

Post Likes

Question

Need help!

Came across a new product by a company called Extech Instruments. They have a multimeter with a built-in infrared thermometer.
    3 questions...

Anyone use the meter? Does it work?

Anyone have experience in dealing with this company?

Post Likes
    I have used and have an Extech anemometer and it's good. As for their multimeters,,,.... I can't say. Would not be my first one. I have just looked at the Fieldpiece HS-36. It's true RMS, and takes their heads. (They have a IR thermometer head also).
    But, before you buy one do a search here and see what people say about infra-red thermometers. If you know what they can and CANNOT do you may decide differently.
    Yuma,
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

Post Likes

Multimeters

You might want to try the Fieldpiece SC76 too. It accepts every head Fieldpiece makes, including their infared, anemeter,superheat heat, etc.. It won't break your wallet either.

Post Likes
    Here's what I think.

Ya need a meter you can trust your life with!

Then ya need a back up meter .... just in case.

Then your gonna have a specialty meter or two for measurements you dont normally take, but need to every once in awhile.

We're up to three meter so far. And as of yet, we're still on multi meters.
    We have not even scratched the surface of the OTHER meter types out there.

I dont know what you have to work on nor your expertice ... so I will refrain from further advice or comment ... just for the time being.

Post Likes

My Herd of Flukes

Keep on growing!!

Post Likes
    Guess what kind of meter I would never, ever buy, not even if it was the very last meter on earth, or in the universe even?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    Guess what kind of meter I would never, ever buy, not even if it was the very last meter on earth, or in the universe even?
    Dice, don't you own stock in UEI?

Yuma,

What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

Post Likes
    I have Fluke and UEI stuff. I love Fluke, it is pricy stuff though. The UEI multimeter is so jumpy and such that I can't bring myself to trust it 100%....I can't even think of what model it is but it has the LED work light on it. I will say that although it hasn't gained my trust it hasn't let me down yet.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes
    One word........ FLUKE !!!

Post Likes
    they do the job,and if they grow legs on a job you don't go suicidal because of the price http://www.techni-tool.com check out the Extech and Waveteck lines they will ship you a full catalog for the asking.

[Edited by maxster on 05-25-2004 at 06:26 AM]

Post Likes

Angry Re: My Herd of Flukes

Originally posted by rob10
    Keep on growing!!

Mine was too til last night when four of them aswell as a bunch of other tools broke out of their box and left home. FFFin theives.

Post Likes
    Mine have walked before too poppa. Fluke is the only meter I'll trust my life with.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes

I'm still .............

lookin but I know I lost three good Flukes and a Amprobe.

Plus a JB pummp, a Turbo torch rig, and worst of all my tool pouch, it had every thing in it.

The BASTARDS.

And there ain't no insurance on tools in Texas

Bought me a new box this mornin. Hope it deters the dickheads, I'm purdy sure it will.
    \
    I'm gonna leave it unlocked and emty for a day or two.

Post Likes
    I got cleaned out too. They took my pouch too. The new one just isn't like the old one. A new sawzall, a new Dewalt hammer drill, one new and one old Dewalt cordless 14.4 volt drills, my bagful of Fluke instruments, full toolbox of sheet metal tools and anything else they could get their hands on.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    You know it really pisses me off that some jackass would clean out your truck and sell your tools for crack, I would love to catch some bastard robbing me I'd smash his hands with a sledge hammer poor bastard would never steal again thats for sure.anyway it's fluke and UEI for me .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in