Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Just eliminating all of the Progressives would be a nice start.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

He just reads his tea leaves....

On the one hand, should I stand on my liberal principals and run a hard, expensive campaign, knowing that the pro-union based Michigan electorate may win my re-election?

Or do I keep my campaign war-chest funds to myself, and pursue whatever sweetheart deals I have negotiated behind closed doors?

I am 38 years old and my earliest political memories are images from the Carter years. I remember the speeches about the hostages and the energy crisis. Although I am relatively young I don't recall an administration or political period as scary as this one. Time has truly come to break down Washington DC and rebuild it to resemble something our founders intended.

Is it even possible to fix this? Do we have a chance? Do my children have a chance to live in a free society that rewards hard work?

Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    I am 38 years old and my earliest political memories are images from the Carter years. I remember the speeches about the hostages and the energy crisis. Although I am relatively young I don't recall an administration or political period as scary as this one. Time has truly come to break down Washington DC and rebuild it to resemble something our founders intended.

Is it even possible to fix this? Do we have a chance? Do my children have a chance to live in a free society that rewards hard work?
    I'm 56 years old and I have never seen more scary political times. I wrongly thought that Carter was the scariest as far as a president who was willing to sell us out.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I'm 56 years old and I have never seen more scary political times. I wrongly thought that Carter was the scariest as far as a president who was willing to sell us out.
    Well I thought that LBJ was the scariest until Obama. Carter was just a stupid disaster. LBJ started the US on the skids to communism and destruction by opening our immigration to the 3rd world welfare mentality and the Muslim religion along with the "massive welfare of the "Great Society", Affirmative Action and a successful attack on States Rights by the Justice Dept. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

i was afraid to turn on the news when Clinton was in office.

giving missile technology to the Chinese , giving Long Beach harbor to the Chinese...

Hmmm, presidents that scared us;
    Johnson
    Carter
    Clinton

Anyone seeing a pattern here? Lemme give ya'll a hint; if I were alive at the time, FDR would have been the scariest before Obama.

Now, if we can just keep from getting another change to the same this November, maybe we can get back to being Americans again. While we vote out extreme leftist Democrats, let's not be voting in more of these guys;

Politicians will follow a public trend, it is the way they gain favor and as such power. What we the people need to do is send a message that we want specific things done (not follow what they promise). Taking back the country is a pro-active thing, not a 'choose the lesser evil' thing. I suggest we as a group here at ARP should have a discussion about what are specific goals that would be good for this country, and unite behind them.

It will take a little compromise on all our parts to get on the same page; however if all the HVAC guys that read ARP would vote the same way... we might send a message that would be heard.

Thoughts?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Politicians will follow a public trend, it is the way they gain favor and as such power. What we the people need to do is send a message that we want specific things done (not follow what they promise). Taking back the country is a pro-active thing, not a 'choose the lesser evil' thing. I suggest we as a group here at ARP should have a discussion about what are specific goals that would be good for this country, and unite behind them.

It will take a little compromise on all our parts to get on the same page; however if all the HVAC guys that read ARP would vote the same way... we might send a message that would be heard.

Thoughts?
    Daytonafan said it. Start from scratch.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Daytonafan said it. Start from scratch.
    Tough talk is just hot air Bootsie, how about a real plan that will work; Like teaching politicians for generations to come that they have two choices: Listen and do as they are told, or they are CERTAIN to be out of work, and SOON!

The love of power will easily convince them to choose to follow the 'new way'... that new way being Traditional Conservatism.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Tough talk is just hot air Bootsie, how about a real plan that will work; Like teaching politicians for generations to come that they have two choices: Listen and do as they are told, or they are CERTAIN to be out of work, and SOON!

The love of power will easily convince them to choose to follow the 'new way'... that new way being Traditional Conservatism.
    Tough walk is where it's at. Just a couple of elections ousting all the encumbents and they will be believers.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Tough walk is where it's at. Just a couple of elections ousting all the encumbents and they will be believers.
    You and I are pretty much on a similar page... My caveat is that instead of letting the pols tell us they will do this or that... we need to tell them: Either follow the Constitution as it was originally written, or do not bother to run for office.

The idea here is they do as we tell them, NOT we accept what they promise.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Whats the matter...yall dont want an American Union?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-c5prh1T80
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast