Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by midhvac
    I really enjoy working on things in the convenience store so I can shine the laser sight on that dot on the Indian woman's head behind the counter.
    LOL !

Originally posted by midhvac
    I really enjoy working on things in the convenience store so I can shine the laser sight on that dot on the Indian woman's head behind the counter.
    And noone's the wiser!
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

I like my Raytec

Saved me a trip on top of a C-store today!! Confirmed return air and supply air temps!!

Originally posted by joey791
    Originally posted by bmf
    they only read the surface temp and not air temp right?? cause i would like to get one when i get back to work for

superheat and subcool. i usually do commercial stuff so no
    customers around to impress but it would make life easier
    If you purchase them for superheat and subcooling,the cheaper way would to be dump 30# of freon in the unit, doesnt matter if they are 5 ton or 150 ton, they are not accurate enough to read, they are good for "ballparking" something, like I use my for VAV troubleshooting and calibrating but I highly reccomend they are never used for superheat and subcooling
    Your not tottally correct. The one I have is on and with in 2 degrees at it's worst. I check it against normal probes all the time. Those 100 dollar ones are horrible, but if you spend some money you can get one that is more accurate than you think.

My laser is NOT accurate but consistant....consistantly 3-4 degrees off

I guess I should have ponied up the bucks instead of wasting the money I did spend.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Me too I suppose. However, my $100 raytech mini does a great job of shooting diffusers/registers. Impresses customers too. I tried it on discharge/suction lines and it was all over the place. I bought a J/B SH-21N for superheat/subcooling. I'm in love with this instrument. This is the second year using it and it has never let me down. Not once.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12