Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Delta control - where are you!

Hey!
    I'm working with delta controllers for almost a year now and I'm looking for people who works with these controllers. There's not lot of post about delta in this forum . Does a delta control group exists somewhere? could be good for me!

What?!? You don't frequent George and the support website?

People here don't want to hear about how superior the Delta product is.

There is a yahoo users group, but I only see activity on it once or twice a year. I know there is a message board on George, but I've never been there.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

For real there is no comparison. George U is a must. The new controls will be game changing when they are released!!! You can quote me on that

The yahoo tech group is history. They have started a new one on the Delta site though. If you are a partner send Joe an email and he will set you up with the new group. You can also PM me and if I can help you I will.

Well right here is 5 guys already and this is an active site, granted not just Delta users, but that's what makes it so nice when it's time to integrate.

So I am a not a Delta user but I've got to ask - how active is the Delta Forum/George U?
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Quote Originally Posted by blackbelt3677 View Post
    For real there is no comparison. George U is a must. The new controls will be game changing when they are released!!! You can quote me on that
    I've seen what's coming in the future for delta with orcaview 4 which is really beautiful. I've also seen the new versions of controllers , they'll remove all the DFM pannels and with the new controllers, you'll be able to have 512 I/O on the same controller (if my memory is good) and a touchscreen comes with it.
    That's really nice, instead of having a mechanical room divided in 3 or 4 pannels than you'll be able to have eveything within the same controller!

I'm waiting to receive my account informations for the george website from my employer. I'll go take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by francisgermain View Post
    instead of having a mechanical room divided in 3 or 4 pannels than you'll be able to have eveything within the same controller!
    What happens when that 1 controller fails; do you lose your entire plant?

Dazza

Quote Originally Posted by francisgermain View Post
    I've seen what's coming in the future for delta with orcaview 4 which is really beautiful. I've also seen the new versions of controllers , they'll remove all the DFM pannels and with the new controllers, you'll be able to have 512 I/O on the same controller (if my memory is good) and a touchscreen comes with it.
    That's really nice, instead of having a mechanical room divided in 3 or 4 pannels than you'll be able to have eveything within the same controller!

I'm waiting to receive my account informations for the george website from my employer. I'll go take a look.
    Do you mean ORCAview 3.4 (as shown on the BTL website) or is there an actual ORCAview 4 being released? As of now they don't even have a release date for 3.4. A little weak in my opinion, there are 3 BACnet vendors with B-AWS certification on their software and the other two are already on the street being installed, yet nothing from Delta and 3.4? What gives?

kontrol out
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Do you mean ORCAview 3.4 (as shown on the BTL website) or is there an actual ORCAview 4 being released? As of now they don't even have a release date for 3.4. A little weak in my opinion, there are 3 BACnet vendors with B-AWS certification on their software and the other two are already on the street being installed, yet nothing from Delta and 3.4? What gives?

kontrol out
    I mean orcaview 4. I've seen a presentation with some pictures of how it will look and how the new controllers look like. For the 3.4 version, i know it will be the last one before upgrading to version 4, but i don't know anything about its release date. Right now i'm working with version 3.33 and it's the last release.

I'm wondering about what B-AWS certification means?
    and.. what BTL mean?

sorry for my ignorance i'm new here !

Quote Originally Posted by azzad View Post
    What happens when that 1 controller fails; do you lose your entire plant?

Dazza
    The engineer gets paid to think about all that. I mean the biggest the site is and the more important the job is, the more precautions you take.

BACnet Testing Lab

http://www.bacnetassociation.org/

B-AWS BACnet - Advanced Workstation Software

http://www.bacnetinternational.net/c...ndex.php?pr=12

kontrol out

Quote Originally Posted by deltafrank View Post
    The engineer gets paid to think about all that. I mean the biggest the site is and the more important the job is, the more precautions you take.
    Its been my experience that the sales men will go "wow" I can have 512 I/O on 1 control and sell the jobs accordingly. Then its up to the engineer to try and make it work and after that the service guys trying to keep it working.

Dazza

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast