What would be the best approach to finding a good paying job in the Naples area..Not shy to post my scale so I can get honest feed back,I make $30 hr and will be taking the "A" card test next month ,so that will put me at $34hr,is it unrealistic to think I can make nearly the same pay.I am 35yrs old and have always loved Florida(every winter I regret not moving sooner). We are starting a family soon and this is kind of scarey to me(relocating)
    I have been a Stationary enginner for a local Hospital here in Chicago(High pressure Boilers/Aborbers for cooling,AHU,RTU Cetrifugals)that was $27.50 hr.
    I am now a Pipefitter/Service Fitter here in Chicago(everything from Boilers/Chillers,electrical,Johnson Metasys,Pumps,Hot water heaters,you name it I worked on it ...

So any feed back would be great...Dennis

see my reply in "trapped in florida"

YOUR KIDDING

IF YOU EXPECT THAT KIND OF COIN YOU CAME TO THE WRONG STATE.NAPLES IS A FAIRLY EXPENSIVE AREA BY FLORIDA STANDARDS.15 TO 20 HR IN THAT AREA IF YOUR LUCKY LET US KNOW HOW YOUR SEARCH GOES....

30 bucks a hour.........good luck with that one

"you name it I wored on it" dont get cockey PF, noone has seen it all, leave your horse at home..

I used to be a service manager in Naples, Damn near got fired when I hired 2 really good techs for 18 an hour. They make excuses, but they charge the same in residential as most places when using flat rate, new const. is lower, so is replacement with some companies.

The better places to work in Naples are Conditioned Air- Residential and Hill York who has a small commercial service division in that area. You are of the wrong skill level for that area. It is basically residential with few large building that have any sophicated equipment.
    If you want Florida you may want to look at Miami or Tampa. They have building that are large enough for you to feel comfortable in. The pay is going to be from $16-$25. You need to check out where you want to go as large parts of Florida are almost strictly residential equipment even in commercial installations.
    Good luck
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]merken1[/FONT]

That's funny, I used to be the service manager at conditioned air, hill york owns them.

Conditioned Air

I was the Ser Manager there almost a for a year until I decide to move back to Clearwater. Not a bad area, but it was not the place for me to live through I miss Shorty at times.
    Hill York opened a Service Division about a month after I moved to Naples.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]merken1[/FONT]

Shorty was some characater I enjoyed working with him, although sometimes he could be a pain to.