Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

Dem's have the house, senate, presidency, and now have another opportunity to place another progressive minded appointee in the S.C. like the last appointee.

With the importance of the sure to be challenged HC bill going all the way to the S.C. the battle could be over before it even begins. Yes he sided on left most of the time but everyone BO surrounds himself with is more extreme than any other pres. in history.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

I will never call them PROGRESSIVE minded, they are ANTI CAPITALIST REGRESSIVE blank blank blank.....
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Might be difficult to find someone more of a leftist then Stevens.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    I will never call them PROGRESSIVE minded, they are ANTI CAPITALIST REGRESSIVE blank blank blank.....
    Progressive was a term that leftists came up with not long after the war between the States and was really made popular during the buildup to WWI.

The term progressive was used to disguise that leftists who did not want to be associated with Communism when it was unpopular could still push the Marxist teachings on their politics. In essence, progressives are Communists with slightly different talking points. Hitler's Fascism was also the very same with racial superiority being the single most difference between Hitler's Fascism, American Progressivism and Euro/Asian Communism.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Progressive was a term that leftists came up with not long after the war between the States and was really made popular during the buildup to WWI.

The term progressive was used to disguise that leftists who did not want to be associated with Communism when it was unpopular could still push the Marxist teachings on their politics. In essence, progressives are Communists with slightly different talking points. Hitler's Fascism was also the very same with racial superiority being the single most difference between Hitler's Fascism, American Progressivism and Euro/Asian Communism.
    You are so polite to the left...

A progressive is someone that wants to trash proven traditional principles (like what the founding fathers wrote in the federalist papers)... So they can play the 'power grabbing' game.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Might be difficult to find someone more of a leftist then Stevens.
    Well you might try Ginsburg who was general consul for the commie ACLU. Anyhow funny thing about Stevens as commie and liberal as he is he is the last WASP on the court. When he leaves there will no longer be a Protestant on the court much less a WASP. Well we still have a few conservatives left however thank heavens. Thank you, thank you very much.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/11/we.../11liptak.html
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Gee, Glenn found something to disagree with me about. Who'd a thunk it?

Gee, Glenn found something to disagree with me about. Who'd a thunk it?
    Well heck robo that wasn't necessarily a disagreement. I mean Stevens and Ginsburg would be a toss as to who is furthest to the left. Both in my mind are commies in all but name. If you could show me how Stevens is more to the left than Ginsburg or vs versa please do. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

The normal color of the sky is blue.

Night time is normally darker then daytime.

Water is wet.

Just trying to find things that Glenn might not dispute or argue over.