Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coon problem.

Our church wanted me to check there system in the attic since it wasn't working very good. This big momma destroyed all the flex and sh*t ontop of both airhandlers. I'm not touching this job. Insurance is going to cover it.

wonder how many more were up there? did she have a bunch of babies?

Got 2 around the house

Time to get out the 12 guage!!

now that wouldn't be a problem if metal ducting had been used
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

This just in............

Homeowners and business owners beware,there have been reports of several hvac companies in your area training raccoons to infiltrate homes,destroy ductwork,crap on air handlers,etc...
    One victim of this scam in a nieghboring town was taken for 900.00 for a coil cleaning.It seems that under the cover of darkness the raccoons were evidently soiling condensor coils and allegedly venting freon.Whether
    or not these raccoons are cfc certified is being investigated by government officials at this time.

We will keep you updated on this story as it unfolds......

had aguy call one time and said he had possum under his house and wanted me go under and fix ductwork?!!....i said i would take a peak and see what i could?????showed up and no answer at door....guess he got it taken care of.....i thought about telling him to call exterminator first before i went under....i've often thought about getting some mace for the truck or seeing if my cousin would sell me back my 20 gauge i used to rabbit hunt with............seems like i'm always having to deal with dogs,cats,mice,spiders,snakes,wasps....and usually it's close quarter combat where these encounters take place....can i get hazard pay for this?

i've also thought about getting some kind of dog of my own to take with me in these areas....maybe jack russell terrier or something along that line....maybe could train him ....could scout out perimeter,knock down the cob webs,could help with tools getting back into crawl space,maybe even alert others for help if something went wrong while i was in these confined spaces-areas....maybe

Possums bother me more than coons. When I was a teen, my buddy and I chased a big possum up a driveway and cornered him. The teeth came out and he charged at us, then it was like someone played the film in reverse with him chasing us down the driveway

i thought they just laid down and played "possum"....

Originally posted by mo-flo i thought they just laid down and played "possum"....

Hmmmmm. nope that was coon. coons wash before eating but they never, ever play possum.

Originally posted by The Penguin
    now that wouldn't be a problem if metal ducting had been used
    That's the funny part. There are 4- 5 ton heat pumps total. The 2 over the sanctuary are all flex and just about every piece was destroyed and yes there were babies and they caught 2 other adults. But the other 2 units that serve the rest of the church are all fully insulated metal duct. No one knows why it was done this way. My guess is they were running low on funds and went the cheap route with the flex.

Originally posted by mo-flo
    i thought they just laid down and played "possum"....
    Yeah!! So did we!! Otherwise, we wouldn't have been stupid enough to chase him!!

Maybe somebody forgot to tell this coon he was supposed to play possum?

Since then, my policy is not to corner anything with big sharp teeth.

Talking

Have the Pastor baptise the little critters, he will never see them again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast