+ Reply to Thread

Thread: R22 in R 502 freezer

Post Likes

Hmm

Just today I saw a tech charging a 502 system with R22 .Will this work or how much damage has been done to this system. All of the the other freezers use 408 for the 502 replacement. The tech was charging the customer for 408 Gas

Post Likes
    I sugest you speak with that tech. .. ALONE.

Some of the "ol' farts" around here have been in a bind and used 22 in place of 502. I never saw bad affects from this.

It all depends on your application and how the system is running.

R22 runs a higher discharge temperature than R502. That's why we have "demand cooling" (liquid injection) on low temp R22 systems.

Dont let this get your butt fired over potentially gossiping about a co-worker.

Remember, employer's DO have favorites and they DO hold grudges. And sometimes, despite how much you may love working there and how well you get along with others ... and how much you love working there ..and how much you've invested in the trade and how consceiencious you are about your work ... etc., etc., an employer may still make an error in judgement and fire you.

And twenty years later, they may even still hold on to that grudge!

People are only human, my friend. Keep yourself a healthy distance from their "humanity" getting you fired.

jus my two cents worth....

Post Likes
    If he was doing the right thing. Why did he write 408 on his ticket?

Mechanics like that, should be working in establishments on Daves infamous list.

[Edited by frozensolid on 05-23-2004 at 09:37 AM]
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Worry not. Work like that has a way of biting back. After months and years of good hard work, the difference between you and he should be clear to those concerned. Hope that it doesn't cost a customer or two before this happens.

Have a chat with him in private, try to help him if you can.

Post Likes
    Check your p-t chart. there are all kinds of problems with this. The txv will not know what to do and the compressor will pay the price.

also txv orfice size will be about 1.5 times too big for R-22. Compressor displacement to horsepower ratio is all wrong. pipe sizing will be all wrong. What else can I say.

what a bone head

take him aside buy him a cup of coffee and explain the facts of life.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by frozensolid
    If he was doing the right thing. Why did he write 408 on his ticket?

Mechanics like that, should be working in establishments on Daves infamous list.

[Edited by frozensolid on 05-23-2004 at 09:37 AM]
    FAMOUS. It's a FAMOUS list.

Guy's a jackass, steer clear of him, but file it in your memory banks for when you have to follow up on him.

I see his employer has an excellent refrigerant usage tracking program.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in