Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bornriding View Post
    The point that Obama WANTS a public militia is a fact> He presented this in his campaign.
    It doesn't stretch the imagination vary far to visualize it really happening...& it probably would be hidden in some other piece of legislation.

Richard
    True. He said he wanted a domestic force "as well funded as the military". That is perfectly in-line with hitler too and I do not doubt his desires,,,,,

Just that the April 1 date was a dead give-away,
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

This is not an April Fools prank; http://www.newswithviews.com/Roth/laurie208.htm

Life does go on on April 1, you know.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

There are too many parallels with power hunger to just ignore (or passively watch) this guy in office.

Here is a question: How much power in the presidency is too much?

How about another question: Is a private army commanded by the president constitutional?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Fits rather nicely don't you think.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....ighlight=camps
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    TS, I truly hope you are right... however...

My gut says an ego-maniac like Obummer would do ANYTHING to stay in power... ANYTHING!
    Here is the actual quote behind the theory: 7-2-08

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

Link:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=69601

No doubt, Obama is a dangerous threat to the USA.

On second thought, this sound rather nutty... In the first place, there was never any hope to fit this into any kind of budget we would recognize. [just as well-funded] Military is a huge chunk of the national budget. Secondly, the amount of lethal firepower is really over-the top for a 'civilian security force'. [just as powerful, just as strong] That would mean armored units, artillery, and air power..... really nutty....
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 04-09-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Bush's fault

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Here is a question: How much power in the presidency is too much?
    I had that same doubt in 2002 when they started Homeland Security. What did you think then ? Seems you had no problem with infringement of your rights then.... But now your concerned about some black kids pumped about the first mixed President.... Wow, they do look threatening...
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sline-dawg View Post
    I had that same doubt in 2002 when they started Homeland Security. What did you think then ? Seems you had no problem with infringement of your rights then.... But now your concerned about some black kids pumped about the first mixed President.... Wow, they do look threatening...
    Bush never mentioned a domestic army, apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Bush never mentioned a domestic army, apples and oranges.

Didn't have too..... Second amendment, if my memory is correct..
    I guess that militia could serve whom it wants...

Yeah but Obama plans to arm the "head bangers" in the hood and use them as cannon fodder to communize America. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Believe me, I did not like HLS any more than any one else... and after a lot of flying last year... I think TSA is worse than the street pot-hole crews.

We as a country have lost our way... I just hope we find it before it is too late.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

You are missing the point buddy. This is about obama gathering a domestic military force under his command. A tad outlandish, but that is the whole point.

In opposition to the concept of 'militia', more about a military force to enforce law domestically. So strange, easy to mis-understand.

In times of crisis, and there is no greater crisis then having been attacked on your home turf, extreme measures need to be made somewhat acceptable. The problem I have seen in my lifetime is that liberal politicians seem to create alleged crisis's in order to justify extreme government measures.

In 2002, we needed our government to be a bit fascist in order to tighten up our security. No; I don't think our government did a very good job with many of the things that were done, but doing them was more acceptable in light of our having been attacked.

Watch what happens now that there is a leftist regime having taken over our government. We will be in a constant state of crisis. Why? Because when a country is in crisis, the government has an excuse for taking control of our lives. The false sense of our nation being in crisis began with the Kennedy innaugeral speech as JFK took office as the president. We were not at war and not in a depression, yet we had weekly bomb raid drills, military styled government youth organizations and a mandatory national physical fitness program to keep Americans "at the ready" for basically hyped up ficticious enemies.

After all of the campaign rhetoric of "bringing our boys home", what has happened under the Obama regime? Obama has expanded our military and is looking to have mandatory American youth indoctrination programs. Obama sees the government as being the queen of the hive and the rest of us mere workers to just do as we are told....for the common good.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

So, .... the fat black kids are going to make me work so they can take my money and give it to illegal aliens , so they can have more kids and get even more of my money..??

Do they know I have guns and ammo ??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast