Confused

Yes, thats a condenser in the dining room of a country club. We had to bring it through the building to a patio area, then lift it to the roof with ductlift. We pulled all the screws out the sides of unit, and door off hinges, before squeaking it through that door.

Here's the well thought out roof access. 4 or 5 regrigerator compressors and four comdensors on this roof two stories up. Dunno much about reffers, but I'm thinking recirc problems off that coil?

Finally got the beast up on roof. Wasp nest in that disconnect by valves and access door. Sooty oil in lines, put dryers in suction and liq lines to clean up, have to pull suc dryer out in week (rewired so will not run in heat yet) and pulled new wires and got rained on

Didn't get pic of a/h, forgot. Its under stairs at back of building-outside under overhang.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

I think it looks great in the dining room.

where i have put units like this on a roof, a dolly was not allowed on a flat roof especially a rubber roof. we had to lay plywood down to protect it from damage. BTW nice job.

No crane service in your area? we use one all the time because there are tons of rooftop units here. just pass the cost on to the customer

S.O.B Save our backs!

Co worker was asking about the crane, too. It would have to lift the unit over the front of the building and set it on this back roof. About 100' horizintal reach and over the 45' high roof peak- big crane for this job. You can't access the other three soides of the building with equipment.
    Last time we used a crane here, someone drove UNDER the boom of the crane while we were rigging the 10 ton unit! (only 20' reach over a wall) Can't imagine what a mess there'd be with a monster crane in the parking lot.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

better you than me. i hope you stuck it to them.