Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is all smoke and mirrors to let the average sheeple think they arent paying any taxes and a very small increase will not hurt you!

If everybody had to pay a monthly tax bill for everything that is taxed, income, sales, gas, property, Etc.

THERE WOULD BE A REVOLT!!!!

But hiding it by making your employer pay your taxes out of your earned income is the biggest sham! And then come tax time you get a these little goodies and then a refund means you didnt pay a tax is something only uneducated (economically speaking) sheeple would believe.

I've got some data on what I paid in taxes last year and it was way more than my refund check!!! Which was by the way under 400 dollars.
    We shall never prevent the abuse of power if we are not
    prepared to limit power in a way which occasionally may
    prevent its use for desirable purposes.

F.A. Hayek

Quote Originally Posted by bornriding View Post
    what did the $10,000 man do???

Richard

Well if he had a ligitimate employer he paid 7.3% in payroll taxes.

Thats $730 a year.

If he smokes 1\2 a pack a day thats $2.21 a pack

Thats $403 a year.

He drinks what his doctor recommends 1 beer a day. 44% of the cost of beer is fed. and state excise taxes.

Thats $107 a year.

He fills up his old gas gussler once a week @ 22 gallons. Tax on 1 Gal. is $.45.

Thats $515 a year.

If he makes 10K a year chances are he isnt saving so he spends the rest of his $$. Around here there is a 9% sales tax. Keep in mind that Cigs and beer are charged sales tax on the total so in essence you are paying a tax on a tax!!!

That would be $718

So after all is said. That person who paid no income tax paid....

$2743 in hidden taxes that he never thinks about. Thats a %27 tax rate of only $10000!

Think about this.

THE STATE . . ."is the only organization in society that obtains its revenue not by voluntary contribution or payment for services rendered but by coercion"
    We shall never prevent the abuse of power if we are not
    prepared to limit power in a way which occasionally may
    prevent its use for desirable purposes.

F.A. Hayek

Quote Originally Posted by bornriding View Post
    Alrighty now....yes its been going on for decades...but what you seem to miss is that it has been INCREASING during those decades.
    Now, I ask you, pdrake, not because I really care what you think, but because I am interested to know what 'someone that makes so much money that they don't care how much they give the gov.' considers TOO MUCH & then begins to cry & whine??????????
    Last year, I determined that I pay out 42% of my NET income in taxes with SS & Medicare.
    What do yu call too much & when would you cry & whine???at 50%, 60%, 70% ???? Better figure it out cause it is heading that way, with healthcare, etc.

Richard
    Not that I care what you think either... Since when have you ever known a TRUE tax decrease? a bag of chips to get larger and cheaper? Now you want to complain about it because a percentace has been told that you can't stomach.If you are trying to rally the troops to this issue..too late. We already know. I've been trying to vote these morons out of office since I was 18!

I have a friend who makes money in the millions.
    He does it by monetizing debt.
    To make a long story short, he buys distressed commercial property by adding debt to it. his clients are looking to shelter millions of dollars from income taxes and capital gains taxes.
    His clients are all multimillionaires, its legal and done all the time so that the extremely wealthy do not have to pay taxes.
    It is not illegal to avoid paying taxes, but it is illegal to evade the tax man.

Learn the law of the land, then complain

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Hmmmm,

If I was a political party who wanted to stay in power at all costs, I'd start removing my constituents from the tax rolls to assure that they would vote for me.

Sound familiar?
    The anointed one?

Quote Originally Posted by Java Bob View Post
    The anointed one?
    yeah him. all he needs to do is flip it to 53% not paying taxes to 47% paying and the game is over. after all, you still have the same vote as someone who pays taxes, right? he is well on his way to doing exactly that. a permanent underclass on the dole. ask britain how that works for them. portugal, spain, greece etc....
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12