Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

47% don't pay tax?

I guess this is how the dem's keep their base, have everyone else pay their bills.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...ntent=My+Yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by Java Bob View Post
    I guess this is how the dem's keep their base, have everyone else pay their bills.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...ntent=My+Yahoo
    This is federal income tax you are talking about. This has been the way for a long time now. Tax credits are abundent in this admnistration, that is true. The government is getting money by other means to fool the mainstream into thinking that everything is okay. It is not just the democrat's fault on this one. Being a Republican, I can tell you that Fox News sells one side of a story...do your research.

Here are some figures from Tax Foundation dot org.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/542.html

They say it is 32.4%, that is still way up there.
    Lets not split hairs over the EXACT percent, lets just say more people than deserve are not paying taxes, and the rest of us have to pay for their share.....
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    Here are some figures from Tax Foundation dot org.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/542.html

They say it is 32.4%, that is still way up there.
    Lets not split hairs over the EXACT percent, lets just say more people than deserve are not paying taxes, and the rest of us have to pay for their share.....
    So let's all cry and whine about what has been going on for decades! Come on guys...think of a new issue or run for office if you have all the answers.

Those who won't stand for something, will FALL for anything.

Lets stand for what is RIGHT, not what is left over....
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

I would prefer to be one of the ones that pay $10,000 in tax than the one that only makes $10,000 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    So let's all cry and whine about what has been going on for decades! Come on guys...think of a new issue or run for office if you have all the answers.
    Alrighty now....yes its been going on for decades...but what you seem to miss is that it has been INCREASING during those decades.
    Now, I ask you, pdrake, not because I really care what you think, but because I am interested to know what 'someone that makes so much money that they don't care how much they give the gov.' considers TOO MUCH & then begins to cry & whine??????????
    Last year, I determined that I pay out 42% of my NET income in taxes with SS & Medicare.
    What do yu call too much & when would you cry & whine???at 50%, 60%, 70% ???? Better figure it out cause it is heading that way, with healthcare, etc.

Richard
    Lets get H.I.G.H. http://www.theletsgethigh.com
    Honesty, Integrity, Gallantry, Honor

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I would prefer to be one of the ones that pay $10,000 in tax than the one that only makes $10,000 a year.
    Ah printer, I knew I could count on you to say something rediculous(?)....
    So you would rather pay $10,000 in taxes...but of course you mean IF you made enough money, Huh....
    Well, we ( my family ) paid out over $10,000 in Fed income tax w/ss&med. alone, last year & made less than $80,000...now count state, local, & sales taxes & we paid out almost 1/3 of our pay....THE AMOUNT WE WORKED HARD FOR.... The one that makes only $10,000/yr got help FROM the federal gov, & actually was refunded more than they paid in.....
    I worked 2 jobs to make that money, what did the $10,000 man do???

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by bornriding View Post
    Ah printer, I knew I could count on you to say something rediculous(?)....
    So you would rather pay $10,000 in taxes...but of course you mean IF you made enough money, Huh....
    Well, we ( my family ) paid out over $10,000 in Fed income tax w/ss&med. alone, last year & made less than $80,000...now count state, local, & sales taxes & we paid out almost 1/3 of our pay....THE AMOUNT WE WORKED HARD FOR.... The one that makes only $10,000/yr got help FROM the federal gov, & actually was refunded more than they paid in.....
    I worked 2 jobs to make that money, what did the $10,000 man do???

Richard
    Picked oranges? Cut lawns?

So you have come away with 53k roughly after taxes. Did that buy you a good life? Are you not happy with it? Do you need another TV or have you not gone out for dinner enough?

Are you not better off than someone that has $20k and pays no tax? How much does that get a person? Rent and some groceries? How much tax would you have them pay
    10%, 20%? Someone has to do these low paying jobs.

Let us face it, the industries with low paying jobs are being subsidized by the government. If they had to pay their employees a wage that is equivalent to what they make tax free now but pay them more so the low wage earner's can get taxed, the price of goods and services would go up. You would end up paying for more.

Basically you want to have your cake and eat it too. You want to keep all your money, have the poor pay tax, and you want things to cost the same as they are now. Sorry ain't going to happen. Society has costs.

Picked oranges? Cut lawns?

So you have come away with 53k roughly after taxes. Did that buy you a good life? Are you not happy with it? Do you need another TV or have you not gone out for dinner enough?
    No, I would like a decent living without having to work 2 jobs for it..I'd rather the $10,000 guy work 2 jobs, just like I DID years ago when I was only making less than $10,000 on one job. Now I still have to work 2 jobs, & you would be surprised at what I don't have. Like no vacations for over 20 years ( not more than 4 days off ). I have used vehicles cause I sure wouldn't pay the cost of a new one. I do all my own work, cause I can't afford to pay someone to do it for me. I do live in a nice house ( not great but nice ) in the country. Heck I can't even afford to play golf very often...WAAAAA
    Are you not better off than someone that has $20k and pays no tax? How much does that get a person? Rent and some groceries? How much tax would you have them pay
    10%, 20%? Someone has to do these low paying jobs.
    Just like I did for many years, but I did it without government help & I eventually improved myself, why don't they.
    Let us face it, the industries with low paying jobs are being subsidized by the government. If they had to pay their employees a wage that is equivalent to what they make tax free now but pay them more so the low wage earner's can get taxed, the price of goods and services would go up. You would end up paying for more.
    Basically you want to have your cake and eat it too. You want to keep all your money, have the poor pay tax, and you want things to cost the same as they are now. Sorry ain't going to happen. Society has costs.
    Boy, I really hate that saying.....why have a piece if cake if you CAN'T eat it???????????? & yes, I want to keep MOST of my money, less what is needed for roads, some schools, & defense, & yes EVERYONE should pay their SHARE of taxes. So society has cost huh....so how much have YOU cost me??? ( or would cost me if you were from the US )?? How much have I cost other people in the US ????
    Your point about society taking care of others is valid...the only problem is that SOCIETY is NOT doing it by CHOICE, but by demand, from both the gov & the PEOPLE who are demanding it....oh yea & they are demanding more & more & more & more & more & more.......( both of em)....
    It is time for ALL people to pay their own way or leave.period...

Now, Printer, I do believe that there are some that really need our help & those people should be helped, by society...by people like you who WANT to help...but alas, in my opinion, the really needy are less than 20% of the total. The rest are too SORRY to do anything for themselves & EXPECT to be taken care of..& thats not right....PERIOD...

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by bornriding View Post
    Boy, I really hate that saying.....why have a piece if cake if you CAN'T eat it???????????? & yes, I want to keep MOST of my money, less what is needed for roads, some schools, & defense, & yes EVERYONE should pay their SHARE of taxes. So society has cost huh....so how much have YOU cost me??? ( or would cost me if you were from the US )?? How much have I cost other people in the US ????
    Your point about society taking care of others is valid...the only problem is that SOCIETY is NOT doing it by CHOICE, but by demand, from both the gov & the PEOPLE who are demanding it....oh yea & they are demanding more & more & more & more & more & more.......( both of em)....
    It is time for ALL people to pay their own way or leave.period...

Now, Printer, I do believe that there are some that really need our help & those people should be helped, by society...by people like you who WANT to help...but alas, in my opinion, the really needy are less than 20% of the total. The rest are too SORRY to do anything for themselves 7 EXPECT to be taken care of..& thats not right....PERIOD...

Richard
    Actually I probably would not cost you much, I am single and do not get the deductions families would get. If we were living in the same country I would probably be on par with you paying tax.

I think you miss my point. We are doing alright. Our society has us subsidize employers of low wage labor. If they made more so that they could pay their share of tax we would either pay more for goods to make up their margin or we would be paid less (but pay less in tax).

The cost structure of society has grown over time (Our level of worth and those above us and below us.) and you can not just say you want to pay less tax and the guy on the bottom should pay more without any adjustments to our wages. The value of our jobs are compensated for to the point where we achieve the standard of living that we have.

The nonproductive people in society (Excluding those that end up out of work due to economic swings or illness.) are a separate issue. If they do not work then taxing them more is a moot point.

It maybe getting close to be a wash if you also get
    free or almost free housing
    free medical
    free bus rides
    free food from charities
    free food stamps ( to sell for your booze and smokes)
    free cell phone
    and probably free Internet and tv
    and who knows what else.....
    I may need to start looking into this gig.....

Hmmmm,

If I was a political party who wanted to stay in power at all costs, I'd start removing my constituents from the tax rolls to assure that they would vote for me.

Sound familiar?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast