Thread: Ruud vs. Bryant

Post Likes

Ruud vs. Bryant

Hi all,

I'm a H/O looking into replacing a 25 y/o Lennox furnace and A/C. House is a 55 y/o, 2500 sq. ft. ranch in the Pittsburgh area.

I've had multiple quotes with multiple manufacturers, and I have it narrowed down to two. I have about equal confidence in the contractors.

Option #1
    Ruud 2-stage ECM motor UGRM10 105k BTU Furnace
    Ruud 16 SEER 2-stage UARL048 48k BTU A/C
    w/ 2-stage Ruud control and Aprilaire 2400 media cabinet

Option #2
    Bryant Evolution 3-stage ECM motor 355CAV 120K BTU Furnace
    Bryant Evolution 17 SEER 2-stage 187ANA 48K BTU A/C
    w/ Evolution control and media cabinet.
    This costs 18% more than Option #1

My questions are these:
    Is the Evolution system worth the price jump for seemingly comparable equipment?
    Will I get the most out of the Ruud system with a simple 2-stage Ruud thermostat(200 series)?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    The Evolution Control along with the motor in the Bryant furnace ,will provide superior dehumidification while in cooling.

Here in Florida,with the Infinity/Evolution, most customers report turning the indoor temperature up, 1 to 3 degrees , as the low humidity makes it feel thyat much cooler. Utility says 6-8% saving for each degree warmer that you set it.

Post Likes
    The Ruud is not gonna fully reach 16 seer in 4 ton. Niether is the Bryant. If the install is the same go with the Ruud. More simple control and a better built unit. Side by side there is no comparison. 18% is a lot for a resi job
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in