Fan Control Wiring

Hello I am new to this forum and hopefully won't break the DIY rule. I have a very old Frasher Johnston heater. The blower motor had a bearing fail so I replaced motor. When I opened the panels one of the black wires coming from the fan control switch was disconnected. The wiring diagrams on the back of panel are faded and I can no longer read. I have attached a link to a video showing the fan control switch. The yellow wires are wired with one going to the black or hot wire of the ac cord and the second is going to red wire of blower motor. The black wire is hooked up to a 24 volt transformer and the second is disconnected. Again any help would be appreciated and Mods if this is not allowed I apologize I just need some help due to schematics being messed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8lSt...eature=channel

If that isn't a DIY question I don't know what is. It might have been less obvious if you hadn't stated that you were attempting to do this repair yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by reefkpr View Post
    Hello I am new to this forum and hopefully won't break the DIY rule. I have a very old Frasher Johnston heater. The blower motor had a bearing fail so I replaced motor. When I opened the panels one of the black wires coming from the fan control switch was disconnected. The wiring diagrams on the back of panel are faded and I can no longer read. I have attached a link to a video showing the fan control switch. The yellow wires are wired with one going to the black or hot wire of the ac cord and the second is going to red wire of blower motor. The black wire is hooked up to a 24 volt transformer and the second is disconnected. Again any help would be appreciated and Mods if this is not allowed I apologize I just need some help due to schematics being messed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8lSt...eature=channel
    Best thing you can do is call the Manufacture and give them the model and serial number for your schematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammer VII View Post
    Best thing you can do is call the Manufacture and give them the model and serial number for your schematics.

The manufacture no longer exists. I have scoured the net for help and am coming up blank. I have got the system up and running but just want to double check the wiring. I was hoping that the experts here would know right away.

Quote Originally Posted by reefkpr View Post
    The manufacture no longer exists. I have scoured the net for help and am coming up blank. I have got the system up and running but just want to double check the wiring. I was hoping that the experts here would know right away.
    Yes we do, but DIY can cause big problems for us.

Keep searching if your are insistent on DIY.

Fan switches are fairly generic....

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    If that isn't a DIY question I don't know what is. It might have been less obvious if you hadn't stated that you were attempting to do this repair yourself.

Well I have to admit your right. Let me explain a little bit, I live in a very small town and have contacted a few heating contractors. When I tell them what I have and whats going on they look at me with this stupid look on there face and try and sell me an entire heating unit. I don't need a new system a bearing just went out. I think I can handle a bearing. Luckily I found a good ol boy who helped me out with a motor he had laying around in his shop. I will contact this guy tomorrow and I'm sure he will help me with the wiring. I just wanted to wrap things up tonight. If I was replacing the entire unit of course I would call out the pro's. So anyway if anyone can help then great, if not I do apologize for wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammer VII View Post
    Yes we do, but DIY can cause big problems for us.

Keep searching if your are insistent on DIY.

Fan switches are fairly generic....

Sammer If you know where the wire goes, tell me. I promise I won't sue you if my house burns down.