+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paperwork ARRRGHH

Post Likes
    Been with this new company a little over a month. Walked in the first day and was handed keys to the spare pickup truck because my van was not ready and told to go put in a compressor. Haven't stopped since!! Company is that new techs ride with a senior tech for 2 weeks to learn paperwork and get other arientation!! My team leader now wants a meeting in the morning because he can't make heads or tails of my paperwork!! On the phone this afternoon he ask me who in the company taught me proper procedure!! He was not really happy when I said WHAT ORIENTATION???

Post Likes
    You should have told him you were *disoriented.*

Post Likes
    Boy i feel for him. First thing of the morn. I check in all the mens previous days work and money and when you dont A-B-C your routine it slows the whole checkin routine. We have a new man and today he solo'ed but he is experienced. Tommorrow i'll check his ORIENTATION taught by a 30 yr employee over the last 4 days. thank goodness its friday.

Post Likes
    Your team leader? What, are you in the boy scouts or something?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    No Dice!! Its an upscale company that uses all these little cliches!! They would never permit a goat to ride shotgun like you do!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by midhvac
    You should have told him you were *disoriented.*
    Thats how I feel tonite!!

Post Likes
    Don't tell me.......they say things like "getting focused and teamwork and lets all pull together for the good of the company and mutlti-tasking" and other nonsense that no one pays attention to.

Post Likes
    is the paradigm within the scope of the forseeable future? I worked for some knuckleheads like that before. Had all the latest buss words.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes

Yep

Originally posted by Diceman
    Don't tell me.......they say things like "getting focused and teamwork and lets all pull together for the good of the company and mutlti-tasking" and other nonsense that no one pays attention to.
    These are 10 times more important than subcool, superheat, or even 22!!

Post Likes

Cross training is another big WORD

3 techs like myself can do it all, commercial HVAC, commercial Refrigeration, residential refrigeration, and kitchen equipment. The other 15 can do 1 or 2 of these!! We get no more respect!! BTW my team leader is a vietnamese who has a limited understanding of English!! ARGGGGHHH

Post Likes
    They are more important than superheat I suppose, but don't be knocking the only good freeeeeeezone left on the planet.

Post Likes
    sorry double post
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    lets not forget "moving forward" "focus on the company goal" "supporting your fellow team member and team leader"
    "wer'e all in this together" "focus our energy towards satifiying our customer" "the chain is only as strong as the weakest link" "fast-paced enviroment" "associate"
    there's more drivel out there eh? add that to the steaming pile that management piles up
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes

Re: Cross training is another big WORD

Originally posted by rob10
    3 techs like myself can do it all, commercial HVAC, commercial Refrigeration, residential refrigeration, and kitchen equipment. The other 15 can do 1 or 2 of these!! We get no more respect!! BTW my team leader is a vietnamese who has a limited understanding of English!! ARGGGGHHH
    Reference my list.

Tell him I think he's a jackass.

Thank you.

Post Likes
    The new management buzz words don't work for me either. Of course I'm from the old school. I like the old buzz words.

"Get your head out of your a$$."

"You dumb son-of-a-bit(h."

"What the fu*k do you call this?"

Them was the days. ahhhhh

Post Likes
    Originally posted by benncool
    The new management buzz words don't work for me either. Of course I'm from the old school. I like the old buzz words.

Hmmm, these buzzwords sound vaguely familiar...

Post Likes
    Paperwork is all about documenting what you did so some moron who doesn't know a compresser from an expansion valve can micromanage your job to save 2 more pennies.

You do not know what paperwork is.
    I quit engineering because all I seemed to do was paperwork. HVAC work is more like engineering than a job with engineer in the title.

Now they are trying to get us teachers to document our curricullum based on national skills standards. We will be spending more time doing paperwork to document this stuff than actual teaching. (skills standards are just military teaching standards. It is something highschools should probably look into, but they would have paperwork in triplicate and really mess up the education system.)
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Post Likes

Don't Forget

T.E.A.M = Together Everyone Achieves More !

LMAO

Post Likes
    Originally posted by condenseddave

Hmmm, these buzzwords sound vaguely familiar...

That's why I like working for a small family company, that and if you don't show up until 8:30 or 9:00, oh well as long as you get your stuff done before you leave for the day.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes

Thats was funny for two reasons. One is, I can see you being that way and it's just humerous, Second is, it is very similair to what my old man would say. That was a great laugh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in