Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Been with this new company a little over a month. Walked in the first day and was handed keys to the spare pickup truck because my van was not ready and told to go put in a compressor. Haven't stopped since!! Company is that new techs ride with a senior tech for 2 weeks to learn paperwork and get other arientation!! My team leader now wants a meeting in the morning because he can't make heads or tails of my paperwork!! On the phone this afternoon he ask me who in the company taught me proper procedure!! He was not really happy when I said WHAT ORIENTATION???

You should have told him you were *disoriented.*

Boy i feel for him. First thing of the morn. I check in all the mens previous days work and money and when you dont A-B-C your routine it slows the whole checkin routine. We have a new man and today he solo'ed but he is experienced. Tommorrow i'll check his ORIENTATION taught by a 30 yr employee over the last 4 days. thank goodness its friday.

Your team leader? What, are you in the boy scouts or something?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

No Dice!! Its an upscale company that uses all these little cliches!! They would never permit a goat to ride shotgun like you do!!

Originally posted by midhvac
    You should have told him you were *disoriented.*
    Thats how I feel tonite!!

Don't tell me.......they say things like "getting focused and teamwork and lets all pull together for the good of the company and mutlti-tasking" and other nonsense that no one pays attention to.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

is the paradigm within the scope of the forseeable future? I worked for some knuckleheads like that before. Had all the latest buss words.
    R2B4BTU

Yep

Originally posted by Diceman
    Don't tell me.......they say things like "getting focused and teamwork and lets all pull together for the good of the company and mutlti-tasking" and other nonsense that no one pays attention to.
    These are 10 times more important than subcool, superheat, or even 22!!

Cross training is another big WORD

3 techs like myself can do it all, commercial HVAC, commercial Refrigeration, residential refrigeration, and kitchen equipment. The other 15 can do 1 or 2 of these!! We get no more respect!! BTW my team leader is a vietnamese who has a limited understanding of English!! ARGGGGHHH

They are more important than superheat I suppose, but don't be knocking the only good freeeeeeezone left on the planet.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

sorry double post
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Originally posted by Diceman
    lets not forget "moving forward" "focus on the company goal" "supporting your fellow team member and team leader"
    "wer'e all in this together" "focus our energy towards satifiying our customer" "the chain is only as strong as the weakest link" "fast-paced enviroment" "associate"
    there's more drivel out there eh? add that to the steaming pile that management piles up
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast