Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I go into the store and the manager nails me for questions about his soft ice cream.

I have zero history on his FF lineup for ice cream. Even though the log is filled in in the motor room, it does not tell the whole story.

I just know summer is about to break lose and we have soft ice cream in this one store.

So I went thru each door and measured the discharge air temps ever so often.

On this line, I was getting between minus 19F to ZeroF. All on the same circuit. It just went progressively.

Shouldnt they all measure the same?

And .. since we are talking ice cream here, dont we need something like a product temp of minus twelve or minus fifteen?
    So a minus nineteen is really nothing then ... is it? It is just not towing the load then .... hmmmmmm ....

Uneven temps in a circuit is usually the txv screens.

Is there a refrigeration schedule in the motor room? That has the all the info you can want.

Required temps vary chain to chain. For us, Safeway's want -12, while Kroger owned stores want -5 for RIIC and 0 for RIFF.

AAAAAAhhhhh sooooooooooo ..... yes ... the printed schedule up on the wall.... yes...

However, for the most part ... those things are no longer readable. They are way gone faded out.

TX screens, yes I can check those. Thanks.

Originally posted by R12rules
    AAAAAAhhhhh sooooooooooo
    Did you just call me an a$$hole in Chinese?

Originally posted by jerrycoolsaz
    Uneven temps in a circuit is usually the txv screens.

Is there a refrigeration schedule in the motor room? That has the all the info you can want.

Required temps vary chain to chain. For us, Safeway's want -12, while Kroger owned stores want -5 for RIIC and 0 for RIFF.
    You're assuming that the liquid lines are all piped correctly in the cases.

Stop that.

If you have a # of glass doors on the same system, and they are running progressively warmer down the line, then # 1 to look at is receiver level and piping if both are good then look at tx screens.Easier to look for the obvious before goin to pumpdown mode.
    Every rack has a system that will be the first to alarm or warm up on low liquid, figure out which one and why. Sometimes a good look at piping can correct as Dave mentioned. Without a low liquid alarm, your first indication of a leak is usually a high temp. alarm on the same system first.

GO Flames Go
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Most markets I know of shoot for -25 evap for ice cream.

A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Originally posted by mccool
    Without a low liquid alarm, your first indication of a leak is usually a high temp. alarm on the same system first.
    Generally referred to as an Oh **** condition.

Originally posted by R12rules
    AAAAAAhhhhh sooooooooooo ..... yes ... the printed schedule up on the wall.... yes...

However, for the most part ... those things are no longer readable. They are way gone faded out......
    You should be able to get this stuff from store engineering. Somebody has copies of the original refrigeration schedules and system plan drawings sitting in a file somewhere.

The chain I worked for had poor communications between the Construction/Engineering and Store Maintenance departments.......I was in Engineering and went out to survey a store for a proposed expansion where I ran into one of the refrigeration techs from Store Maintenance. When he saw the original piping plans and original Hussmann schedules I had brought with me he nearly threw a fit.

It was the same as you describe, the original plan on the wall was totally faded out and the schedules that were to kept with the racks were long gone missing.

I run ice cream doors at -13, ice cream wide island at -25 ( with a sattelite). I float the suction from the ice cream doors, float the sattelite suction from ice cream w/island

I see "Oh ****" conditions often.

I was just recharging the A/C for this one store today when I noticed the liquid level in one system, unrelated to A/C was seriously low on gas.

I had authorization to do whatever I needed in order to bring up the A/C. But not any other system.

And I knew this low receiver would be giving us a call some late night ... so I stelthly dumped a bunch of freon in there ... whilest adding gas to the A/C system.

That gas is going on the charge for the A/C.
    Gotta be sneaky sometimes. Corperate dont know what's best for their own good.

On these stores, on the MT meat racks, the deli cooler box is usually the first to show signs of low charge.

So whenever I get a call for a store with a deli cooler down, I just drag in two shopping carts loaded down with refrigerant. 200 pounds of R-22 to the rescue.....

Might want to check for leaks after putting in 200#, or is the store to cheap to pay for a leak check. It sure would save them money in the long run.

Originally posted by oly
    Might want to check for leaks after putting in 200#, or is the store to cheap to pay for a leak check. It sure would save them money in the long run.
    If you have your EPA card you know that the leak must be found and fixed. Don't give the store the option not to.........

It could be your ass in the sling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast